Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To All Radio Operators.
1 November 2012, 08:25, (This post was last modified: 1 November 2012, 09:24 by BrixhamBadger.)
To All Radio Operators.
Smile Today, 1st November, We shall be doing some checks & upgrades in my "Shack" so I will be testing & monitoring on 25.770 MHz a.m. from about 09:00 after we get the antenna re-fitted & S.W.R.`ed in. Feel free to "shout out" if you can.

Will be "on the air" until approximately 12.00 noon. Big Grin
Big Grin We have one transceiver now scanning all the 27 MHz c.b. bands on U.K. f.m.

Anyone on these frequencies give a shout. Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
1 November 2012, 10:21,
RE: To All Radio Operators.
Hope all goes according to plan.
1 November 2012, 10:38,
Confused Got a problem with erection Wink lmao. Blush

Tongue Need to go to Paignton to get a bracket, back in a hour or three. Smile
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
1 November 2012, 10:54, (This post was last modified: 1 November 2012, 10:56 by NorthernRaider.)
Will try hailing on Ch 9 at 12.00 hours on 27fm
(1 November 2012, 10:38)BrixhamBadger Wrote: Confused Got a problem with erection Wink lmao. Blush

I know what you have been doing and it makes you blind <

"Twas on the good ship venus, bloody hell badgers seen us"

1 November 2012, 11:09,
Blind with anger or passion?
1 November 2012, 13:14,
(1 November 2012, 08:25)BrixhamBadger Wrote: Smile Today, 1st November, We shall be doing some checks & upgrades in my "Shack" so I will be testing & monitoring on 25.770 MHz a.m. from about 09:00 after we get the antenna re-fitted & S.W.R.`ed in. Feel free to "shout out" if you can.

Will be "on the air" until approximately 12.00 noon. Big Grin
Big Grin We have one transceiver now scanning all the 27 MHz c.b. bands on U.K. f.m.

Anyone on these frequencies give a shout. Wink

Hope the Erection is staring to function properly Badger.

Maybe better to call on a quiet UK 27/81 FM channel, and monitor FB...... there are more of the prepper community with standard gear than there are FB capable, so you have a better chance of a reply.

Good on you for taking the initiative on this.

Good luck and let us know if you have any success ( erection or replies).

73 de

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 November 2012, 14:08,
All I ever hear is static and the odd taxi driver, think i wasted a load of money on radios that would be better spent on other essentials.

1 November 2012, 15:27,
(1 November 2012, 14:08)NorthernRaider Wrote: All I ever hear is static and the odd taxi driver, think i wasted a load of money on radios that would be better spent on other essentials.

You Won't be saying that post event NR! CB over in my neck of the woods is really pretty good, I'm surprised you can't hear anything much Sad. How high is your antenna? What antenna are you using?

If you take your rig out to higher ground, can you still not hear any chatter?

Have a look at building one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KASWnflEX...ata_player

I use something similar to this and very good it is too! Smile

1 November 2012, 15:29,
(1 November 2012, 14:08)NorthernRaider Wrote: All I ever hear is static and the odd taxi driver, think i wasted a load of money on radios that would be better spent on other essentials.

Don't get despondent NR.
It's not a waste of dosh.
Just because there is nothing to hear NOW doesn't mean there aren't people out there with gear tucked away in the cupboard.

According to some (mainly hams) the radio spectrum is packed to overflowing. In reality that's bull s##t.

On average I spend 10 minutes tops actually talking out of a session of 3 or 4 hours .
The rest of the time I'm reading or typing to you lot whilst the CB happily scans away looking for chatter.

Listen in on some of the internet US CB feeds.
There's a whole lot of nothing to heard there too.

You're running a hand held.
That does knock down your receiving range especially in a house.
Sling an aerial on your van and go out for a drive.
Get some altitude.
You may be surprised.

BUT don't think that any old time or day is good.
Some lucky folk still have jobs and I find the most chatter after 19h M-T, and 11h onwards on Sat/Sun.

Come an "event", they'll be quite a few little voices asking for help and "is there anyone out there?"

I'm guessing a lot of them will be sheeple too.

Who knows.
One of them might be me or one of the other forum members!

1 November 2012, 16:09,
(1 November 2012, 15:27)Bug_out_Bag Wrote:

You Won't be saying that post event NR! CB over in my neck of the woods is really pretty good, I'm surprised you can't hear anything much Sad. How high is your antenna? What antenna are you using?

If you take your rig out to higher ground, can you still not hear any chatter?

Have a look at building one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KASWnflEX...ata_player

I use something similar to this and very good it is too! Smile

Cool antenna Bob Smile

Have you ever tried one of these? The idea is excellet, I wonder how well they work in the real world? It should work pretty well, but water ingress into the brais is probably the biggest issue.

Putting it all inconduit and sealing with end caps will deal with the moisture issue. But nearly 6m of conduit sticking into the air is going to wobble mightily and might ne complex to guy to keep it rigid.

The guy on the video mentions using a fishing rod as a support. this seems a far easier and more efficient way to proceed. With a 7m pole there is probably enoough room inside to rig theentire antenna within the hollow glass fiber tubes. It'll still whip around in the wind, of course but will be much simpler to guy.

?????????????

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580