Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirty bomb threat real
1 November 2012, 18:10,
RE: Dirty bomb threat real
As reported on last nights DDP dirty bombs explosive componant are in many cases is likely to do more damage than the radioactive componant but London anti terror experts forcast that a dirty bomb could pollute an area up to 3/4 of a square mile to 1 1/2 miles, but its the cleaning up cost that would be the biggest issue.

1 November 2012, 18:13,
Well if someone is able to steal parts meant for tanks they can steal just about anything
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
1 November 2012, 18:23,
(1 November 2012, 18:10)NorthernRaider Wrote: As reported on last nights DDP dirty bombs explosive componant are in many cases is likely to do more damage than the radioactive componant but London anti terror experts forcast that a dirty bomb could pollute an area up to 3/4 of a square mile to 1 1/2 miles, but its the cleaning up cost that would be the biggest issue.
thanks for that NR, i dont want to be complacent but that would seem to be more relevant to a city environment than a small country town? not that it couldnt happen here but its more likely to be near a target like Devonport Dockyard or Millbay fuel depot in Plymouth or Devon & Cornwall Police HQ in Exeter rather than a farmers supply shop or a co-op corner store.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 November 2012, 19:15,
(1 November 2012, 17:54)bigpaul Wrote:
(1 November 2012, 15:12)bigpaul Wrote: if some ragheads explodes a dirty bomb in some city centre take away or cafe..what the exposure? i mean is the fallout confined to the city centre immediately in the vicinity of the bomb site?

does anyone have any information on this? cryingfreeman? nr?

All it is is dust from the fallout. It depends on many things, wind, enclosed spaces, how much waste there is. No one size fits all sadly.

You can't see it either and any explosion could be dirty. You just don't know; There is no difference in noise or debris cloud etc.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 November 2012, 22:46,
Totally agree with SD.

Imagine a cloud of radioactive dust. As far as the dust can travel is as far as the pollutant will travel. Best bet, get outside and head up wind. You want those nasty particles to be blown away from you. But be careful where everyone else is travelling. If they're going to be coated with radio-crap, get away from them. That's why I say stay and wash for a while. No point spreading contaminants everywhere and getting yourself into more trouble by being around the 'unclean'.

That's why the rule of thumb is so important. If you are far enough away from the effected area that your thumb covers the area when held out at arms length, then you can assume you're away from the particles.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 November 2012, 23:03,
The rule of thumb may be good for ordinary bombs but dirty boms not so much. I suspect everyone in the UK could cover Russia with their thumb but we still got the fallout from Chernobyl
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 November 2012, 04:42,
It doesn't have to have a large area of contamination if they choose critical infrastructure to attack. A mayor railway station or the London underground would cause maximum disruption affecting many people with just a small bomb. Even after they had cleaned it up, which would take some time, how safe would you feel using that location?
3 November 2012, 09:53,
I don't think that would be a problem in a big city.
Greed motivates most things so somewhere like London wouldn't change much.
People would still go to work.
If they were told to wear masks and don gloves it wouldn't last.
Sheeple logic.
I've been doing this for a week and no one's died. Must be safe.

4 November 2012, 16:38,
if i wanted to create maximum damage to this country using radioactive material then i would make some kind of directional/cannon device, put it on top of a tower block roof in somewhere like hackney, aimed at the city of london and fired on a day with a e/ne wind. if on the other hand i was an islamist and wanted to kill non believers only then i would get a job in/break into a factory making pork products and contaminate the meat. or the same in a brewery. Dodgy
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
4 November 2012, 17:07,
If I wanted to create maximum damage I would target the banking and telecoms systems, not people.