Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LEARN for New Yorkers misfortune
1 November 2012, 18:07,
LEARN for New Yorkers misfortune
Out of fuel for vehicles and gennies in only 2 days!!!!!!
Out of drinking water in 1 day
4.7 million homes without power BUT as the power is off so is the gas and water and sewage systems AND the pumps in the petrol stations.

The massive food distribution centers that supply the shops, delis and supermarkets of NYC are without power as well according to one fox reporter, so the areas food reserves are rotting in store.

I give it 2 days til I start to hear the first cases of dysentry and people burning their home down accidentally or gassing themselves with carbon monoxide from camp cookers and BBQs

http://news.sky.com/story/1005399/supers...t-recovery

1 November 2012, 18:14,
RE: LEARN for New Yorkers misfortune
(1 November 2012, 18:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: Out of fuel for vehicles and gennies in only 2 days!!!!!!
Out of drinking water in 1 day
4.7 million homes without power BUT as the power is off so is the gas and water and sewage systems AND the pumps in the petrol stations.

The massive food distribution centers that supply the shops, delis and supermarkets of NYC are without power as well according to one fox reporter, so the areas food reserves are rotting in store.

I give it 2 days til I start to hear the first cases of dysentry and people burning their home down accidentally or gassing themselves with carbon monoxide from camp cookers and BBQs

http://news.sky.com/story/1005399/supers...t-recovery

yep, all of the above and more! i heard the Mayor of New York( or was it one of his assistants?) say old people on the top floors of an apartment building have no power, no freezers and no fridges...understandable, but he went on to say they also had no....... food or flashlights!.....WHAT!!! a torch would seem to be the basic thing someone ought to have.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 November 2012, 21:12,
how dull can you be with one head..... they we told what was coming.....no food,water,or torch.... well i,ll go to the top of our mams stairs.........
1 November 2012, 21:30,
Still, it's a good reminder and wake up call for all of us, just in case complacency sets in.

This wasn't even a full blown SHTF scenario - just a severe storm.

I've always thought the things I most need to prepare for are the low-level but more likely scenarios, rather than the less likely sensational ones.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
1 November 2012, 22:10,
This is also quite interesting: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/01/ten...p=trending

D batteries (for torches) impossible to find & selling for $5 each (!!) and people being asked to pay with exact change in the few shops that were open.
1 November 2012, 23:10,
(1 November 2012, 22:10)Prep28 Wrote: This is also quite interesting: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/01/ten...p=trending

I think that's genius. Let's place guys with guns to guard petrol stations!!! Gun's don't cause sparks that might ignite fuel. We're safe and helping the community!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 November 2012, 10:08,
(1 November 2012, 21:30)Tarrel Wrote: Still, it's a good reminder and wake up call for all of us, just in case complacency sets in.

This wasn't even a full blown SHTF scenario - just a severe storm.

I've always thought the things I most need to prepare for are the low-level but more likely scenarios, rather than the less likely sensational ones.

Exactly especially when we remember that in the flooding in Bostcastle, one tiny west country village it used up ALL of the available rescue helicopters for England and Wales, and ALL of the high capacity pumps in the south west. Our gummint simply could not cope at all if a large city was inundated with flood water and bad weather.

2 November 2012, 13:01,
studying these cases of disasters will give us all some good information on what to expect and time scales of different things when TSDHTF.....im not surprised at all to find that state troopers are being deployed to keep the peace, the police will be stretched far too thin and be recovering from the storm themselves, i guess this shows that the army will be deployed for smaller events too, i'll be watching that to see how it progresses
2 November 2012, 13:09,
No note of looting though. Even with the troops in the area, I thought there would be some looting by now.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 November 2012, 16:22,
american news doesnt leak out into the rest of the world very much, whilst talking to my friend over there she informed me that theres actually alot more terrorist attacks than are ever reported, guess the yanks are trying to put on a brave face and not show any weakness Tongue

so it wouldnt surprise me awfully if it just hasnt been reported yet Tongue