Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
watch out countryside...
2 November 2012, 15:24,
RE: watch out countryside...
(2 November 2012, 14:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: Fight, Flight or Freeze, thats the sheeples choice.

Only if the TV goes off though.
If it keeps going the forth choice kicks in,
"What's for tea mother"?
2 November 2012, 15:31,
(2 November 2012, 15:24)Paul Wrote:
(2 November 2012, 14:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: Fight, Flight or Freeze, thats the sheeples choice.

Only if the TV goes off though.
If it keeps going the forth choice kicks in,
"What's for tea mother"?

they'll only riot if they cant watch Xfactor, Pig brother, Deadenders and Strickly!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 November 2012, 15:44,
Just to put a different point of view across for discussion, something i have been thinking about for a while

If there is a major disaster then some people will absolutely thrive in a city environment. I'm not talking about the sheep that will wait for someone else to help them but people who take the initiative for themselves.

I was born in a rural location, lived in a city for many years, moved to a semi rural area for lifestyle/prepping reasons but have since moved back closer to the city for family reasons that i wont bore you with. Anyway, a city has many resources that can be used by a group (and in a city i do think a group is the only option) which has the right mindset and the right skills. In a total breakdown a well prepared group can set up an relatively easily defended base, they can control access to their area and they have masses of equipment and stores within easy reach.

What they do need to have is the correct mindset from the start, and I know for a fact that many of the people I used to hang around with when i were a lad have that mindset and would quite happily survive in a city if there was no law stopping them from doing and taking what was required.

I think too often we generalise about city people being sheep and country folk being some wise and self reliant small holder, there are plenty of sheep in the countryside (not just 4 legged Smile ) and plenty of switched on people living in cities.

I dont live in the city but if i did I would be making plans for surviving in an environment that i knew, not for wandering off into the countryside where at best I would be treated as an outsider and at worst shot on sight

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
2 November 2012, 16:01,
That's very true IB1. I often think that a city would be where I'd go, after a year of WROL. It'll be around that time that I'd probably need to get more clothes and the alike. Maybe a new bike as well. Also, batteries would probably have ran out by then, so that's another thing worth going in for (although many will believe nothing is worth going in for). I'll be heading for a pharmacy for penicillin, quite early on anyway.

I have USK (Urban Survival Kit) that I keep in my car (the only way I can get into a city/large town/Taunton). In that I have things like a crowbar, glass breaker, first aid kit, dust masks, eye protection (broken glass and when breaking glass), and the alike. That is as much to keep me alive, as it is to save other people's lives.

There are some that will thrive in the cities. However, resources like food are much less likely to be renewable. Having said that, I'll be heading to semi-urban settings and getting me some 5 finger discounted solar panels, WTSHTF.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 November 2012, 19:22,
Gosh how would the sheeple survive without Trishas Big Brothers Dancing X factored lesbians on ice get me out of the jungle to watch ?

2 November 2012, 22:59,
well i think that makes them real dangerous,desperate,and unpredictable, if you live in a rural or semi rural position you can expect big big shit ...i do NOT underestimate THEM...they like us will want to survive by any means possible so be ready it will be no walkover...even though we are prepped and tooled up
3 November 2012, 10:56,
it all depends WHEN/IF they decide to leave the city, if no fuel or only 10litres each like in New York now, then just how far and how long will that last..in traffic..in tailbacks? if no fuel how far will they walk? my nearest city is 30 miles East and we have Dartmoor in between!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.