Poll: Do you trust the govt to protect and care for you in a major crisis?
This poll is closed.
YES I have faith in the govt to save us
0%
0 0%
No, they could not protect the population in a major incident
100.00%
30 100.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLL do you have faith in the UK government to protect you
2 November 2012, 14:15,
POLL do you have faith in the UK government to protect you
Do you honestly believe the UK government could rescue, care for, house, feed, clothe, treat and support you in an event any bigger than the Bostcastle flood, esp when you consider that how quickly the country ground to a hall cos of a decent cold spell two years ago?

Yes or No

2 November 2012, 14:24,
RE: POLL do you have faith in the UK government to protect you
nope, the govt couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 November 2012, 14:26,
If there was an event, the schools would be used to house people, chavs would never have spent as much time in school.
2 November 2012, 14:30,
Rolleyes B.P. has already voiced my opinion. Undecided
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
2 November 2012, 14:32,
Really NR, you had to ask?
That's why I prep because in an emergency the only person who is going to help me is . . . . . . me.

After all look at what the government COBRA committee is concentrating on today.

Ash trees.

Not homelessness, not the possibility of floods this year, the forthcoming winter, the end of the world, no, ash trees.
2 November 2012, 14:33, (This post was last modified: 2 November 2012, 14:34 by David075.)
(2 November 2012, 14:15)NorthernRaider Wrote: Do you honestly believe the UK government could rescue, care for, house, feed, clothe, treat and support you in an event any bigger than the Bostcastle flood, esp when you consider that how quickly the country ground to a hall cos of a decent cold spell two years ago?

Yes or No

ZERO confidence in them.
(2 November 2012, 14:15)NorthernRaider Wrote: Do you honestly believe the UK government could rescue, care for, house, feed, clothe, treat and support you in an event any bigger than the Bostcastle flood, esp when you consider that how quickly the country ground to a hall cos of a decent cold spell two years ago?

Yes or No

NO
2 November 2012, 15:36,
Since the government has removed our legal ability to defend ourselves, and muggings, murders, rapes, and basic assaults, still occur.... Well.....maybe in a crisis they'll do better. I remember the riots in London, the police were great at......urm.......
But do you remember that time with the snow when the police used the riot shields for sledges and the emergency services........on wait........
How about that flood the other year when the government..........hold on a second.......

Is there a maybe option for the eternal optimist like myself? Haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 November 2012, 15:38,
They cant even cope on a regular day so how are they gonna help any of us in even a minor incident???
2 November 2012, 15:43,
Aren't we a group of optimists haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 November 2012, 15:54,
Well the poll results tell the story really. If you think about it logically, in a nationwide event, if the govt organised every resource, the forces, police, volunteer services, etc how many hands would they really have?

Maybe around 300,000? maybe a little more? how many of the 65 million of us could they help?

And how many tonnes of supplies could they lay their hands on? Maybe 2-3 weeks max?

If there was a major, national event I don't think they would manage the above, but even if they could, they can't save that many of us for long. I assume I won't be one of the lucky (or influential) few. It's why I prep.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.