Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
31 st Birthday of legal UK FM CB today
2 November 2012, 22:00,
31 st Birthday of legal UK FM CB today
From 1900 to 2100 so its to late but apparently Thunderpole CB has been encouraging people to hail on Ch 31 tonight on 27fm UK, I monitored and called and heard nothing.

2 November 2012, 22:15,
RE: 31 st Birthday of legal UK FM CB today
Is it really 31 years?
1981 I was still building kit US imported AM CB's.

Mind you 1980 to 85 the peak of the CB clubs and the BUCK FUSBY days.

2 November 2012, 22:26,
been having a listen on 19 picked up some fowl mouthed idiot knobhead from a town bout 10 miles away using it like it was his own station.....cb,ers gone down hill big style from the old days. but i will see how it works out
2 November 2012, 23:12,
There's always a few Muppets.
There's one in Boston, Lincs.
Actually you'd get a better conversation from a Muppet.
Few weeks ago he was talking about his court appearance.
Still operating so obviously another legal system failure.

3 November 2012, 09:36, (This post was last modified: 3 November 2012, 09:41 by Lightspeed.)
(2 November 2012, 22:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: From 1900 to 2100 so its to late but apparently Thunderpole CB has been encouraging people to hail on Ch 31 tonight on 27fm UK, I monitored and called and heard nothing.

Wow 31 years ago!

I took part in the marches on pariament etc, but kind of lost interest when the whole thing was legalised.

I guess I was just a rebellious youth in thoase days. Now I'm just a grumpy old fart!
(2 November 2012, 22:26)Straight Shooter Wrote: been having a listen on 19 picked up some fowl mouthed idiot knobhead from a town bout 10 miles away using it like it was his own station.....cb,ers gone down hill big style from the old days. but i will see how it works out

Actually Straight Shooter, its great to have a dick like that on air 24/7

Work out roughly where he is and than you can use him as a beacon to work out how well your station setup is working.

In a SHTF situation, he'll be off air immediately the power is cut, or he runs out of crisps.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 November 2012, 14:41,
I was the same, heavily involved in group meeting to legalise it but that was back in the old days where the politicians were at least open to voters viewsw. Then when It went legal I kind of stopped because the went a different way as a kind of fuck you. Still got the rig though.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin