Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LETS MOVE ON!
6 November 2012, 09:33,
Exclamation  LETS MOVE ON!
We’ve been going round in diversionary circles for too long. For preppers with a need for post SHTF comms, its time to progress.

We’ve decided what general frequency bands and what type of generic, and sometimes specific, equipment will work for Survivors in various situations.

Now its time to agree a set of common / standard frequencies for contacting one another.

I will take the lead on the VHF , UHF and PMR446 walkie-talkie side of things.

I hope that Paul will take the lead on CB issues.

Unless someone else is able to step up to the plate to handle HF / CW and NVIS, we’ll put that on hold and I’ll swing back to cover it once I’ve completed the Walkie Talkie section.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

6 November 2012, 15:19,
RE: LETS MOVE ON!
Hi LS

Can I just confirm that the file i downloaded a while back is still current

I cant remember where the thread or link to the download is but the header taken from the downloaded file is as follows

Quote:Recommended Equipment Lists for Survival radio Stations
Compiled for SurvivalUK.net
Date August 2012

Thanks
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
6 November 2012, 15:30,
(6 November 2012, 15:19)IB1 Wrote: Hi LS

Can I just confirm that the file i downloaded a while back is still current

I cant remember where the thread or link to the download is but the header taken from the downloaded file is as follows

Quote:Recommended Equipment Lists for Survival radio Stations
Compiled for SurvivalUK.net
Date August 2012

Thanks

Yep that one's current. No updates on that since published in August
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

6 November 2012, 22:21,
I am no stranger to radio comms and all that go with it.

I have extensive past experience on CB ( 27Mhz ).

I am now finding my feet , but learning quickly using dual-band UHF equipment (146Mhz / 446Mhz ).

Any Information you want to know or questions you want to chat about - feel free to ask , I will answer as best I can.

But please , one and all , before we return to this - please be aware that we are trying to decide on standard channels or frequencies (on certain bands ) that we will use to contact like-minded individuals or groups.

How you manage to transmit or receive those channels or freqs is entirely up to you. I will help where I can.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
6 November 2012, 22:46,
I'm up for this but I wanted to take it a step further and have some SUK validation. Anyone up for including this? If you are interested in getting involved we can set something up so we can discuss. Let me know.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 December 2012, 11:53,
Hi, I'm up for this, not only am I'm an old CB'er, SWL'er and "studying" to take my "license" (not that I need "their" permission to talk on something that is in effect there for everyone to use......) I have various comms equipment including Ex MOD clansman gear, ICOM R8500 and PMR talkies that is being expanded at every opportunity.

So count me in!

MA
2 December 2012, 15:43,
Validation sounds good as this forum is open to anyone looking at it.
I am in as long as I can use my UV 5R+ units to get in touch with you folks who will be local to me etc etc.
Great work, LS et al and thank you very much for taking on this load.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
2 December 2012, 17:16,
I have two radios a Icom 735 here next to me and a bigger one in a farday cage,... and although I am almost ready to take my Foundation exam,...can I request this thread follows as simple a line if possible, because I am sure that there will be things quoted that are unknown to me and others

....`Suk Validation` for instance
A major part of survival is invisibility.
2 December 2012, 18:55,
Ok, so if LS is happy to take the lead on VHF/UHF comms and Paul on CB comms (I guess 10/11 Mtr band), I'll step up for the HF and LF frequencies and or anywhere in between, the equipment I have access to basically covers from about 100 kHz to about 2000 MHz so I happy to slot in where needed.

So where are we going to start?

MA