Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel problems post Sandy.
7 November 2012, 17:40,
Fuel problems post Sandy.
http://www.prep-blog.com/2012/11/06/post...omment-848

7 November 2012, 19:00,
RE: Fuel problems post Sandy.
I saw a video of people lining up at 9am, for fuel that will be distributed at 1pm!!! There was a mile of people in line with fuel canisters!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 November 2012, 19:15,
this is something i have foreseen in any emergency and why after TSHTF i talked about going Amish!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 November 2012, 19:28,
I'm just gonna saddle a local chav...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
8 November 2012, 09:53,
(7 November 2012, 19:28)Prepper1 Wrote: I'm just gonna saddle a local chav...

not too many of them around here, but we've got horses, donkeys and alpacas within a very short distance.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 November 2012, 10:03,
For me I will keep fuel (To legal limits of course) but I will rely on Bicycles and Bicycle trailers its why I focus constantly on fitness always training several times a week pushing my fitness higher and higher as much as I possibly can to the very limits I will train to run marathons and cycle them and most likely row long distances as you can guess fitness is important to me
8 November 2012, 10:06,
your fitness may be excellent, but what about the others in your group, remember if you have to travel anywhere, you will be travelling at the pace of the SLOWEST in your group.Big Grin
8 November 2012, 10:15,
(8 November 2012, 10:03)Tdvsko Wrote: For me I will keep fuel (To legal limits of course) but I will rely on Bicycles and Bicycle trailers its why I focus constantly on fitness always training several times a week pushing my fitness higher and higher as much as I possibly can to the very limits I will train to run marathons and cycle them and most likely row long distances as you can guess fitness is important to me

Remember you travel / move at the speed of your slowest and least able member of your group. Many ordinary familes with full bug out kit will struggle to move tactically cross country and do two miles a day. Bicycles will go further and carry more kit but you are far more likely to be ambushed.

8 November 2012, 10:20,
(8 November 2012, 10:15)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 November 2012, 10:03)Tdvsko Wrote: For me I will keep fuel (To legal limits of course) but I will rely on Bicycles and Bicycle trailers its why I focus constantly on fitness always training several times a week pushing my fitness higher and higher as much as I possibly can to the very limits I will train to run marathons and cycle them and most likely row long distances as you can guess fitness is important to me

Remember you travel / move at the speed of your slowest and least able member of your group. Many ordinary familes with full bug out kit will struggle to move tactically cross country and do two miles a day. Bicycles will go further and carry more kit but you are far more likely to be ambushed.

I am looking into purchasing tandem bicycles they are the 2 seater ones I think if I remember what I read and want to aim to do it with 1 person riding and focusing on the path ahead and another pedaling but watching constantly with a loaded crossbow
8 November 2012, 10:40, (This post was last modified: 8 November 2012, 10:48 by NorthernRaider.)
(8 November 2012, 10:20)Tdvsko Wrote: I am looking into purchasing tandem bicycles they are the 2 seater ones I think if I remember what I read and want to aim to do it with 1 person riding and focusing on the path ahead and another pedaling but watching constantly with a loaded crossbow

I know where you are coming from and applaud your plans and efforts, but I respectfully ask you to consider this, if you take advanatage of the bike / trike or tandems speed even with your partner armed all its going to take to ruin your day or even kill you is a piece of paracord / washing line / monfilament fishing line strung at neck height across the road, or a carrier bag of nails scattered across the road to lead to tragedy.

What I am saying is by all means make the most of the cycles, use them to their maximum as smooth, quiet, load carrying transport systems, but dont use them for speed anyplace inside a town or city or any place where a piece of wire can be strung. Use the bike to its fullest but go slow no more than 10 MPH MAX in any area even remotely likely of hosting an ambush.
Many of these I feel are much better suited to long distance bugging out than Tandems or Bikes.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=load+c...66&bih=673
Here is a real bug out bike

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/loadstar.html
Propper Bug Out Bike Trailer

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/euroload-trailer.html
Cargocycling website

http://cargocycling.org/category/custom