Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY bucket water filter plans
8 November 2012, 23:43,
DIY bucket water filter plans
Downloadable plans for a DIY bucket water filter. Seem easy enough to make. You can get the filters from caravan & camping accessory shops.

http://www.green-trust.org/freebooks/bucketfilter.pdf
9 November 2012, 07:10,
RE: DIY bucket water filter plans
interesting thanks for that
9 November 2012, 09:42, (This post was last modified: 9 November 2012, 09:45 by NorthernRaider.)
(8 November 2012, 23:43)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Downloadable plans for a DIY bucket water filter. Seem easy enough to make. You can get the filters from caravan & camping accessory shops.

http://www.green-trust.org/freebooks/bucketfilter.pdf

Execellent Rob, The filter element look like the standard ceramic or siliver n ceramic candles made for Berky or Berkfield which are available on their own from places like Avonsoft in Taunton.
Can I just point out to folks that the sort of water filters you get from many camping shops and Argos etc only improve TASTE they dont remove particles, toxins, heavy metals, viruses, spores or bacteria. The worlds best is still the Berkfield candles.

9 November 2012, 21:08,
Didn't know that about camping filters. Cheers for heads up before I wasted my cash.

For the buckets, do you reckon the big wine fermenting buckets would do?
9 November 2012, 22:03, (This post was last modified: 9 November 2012, 22:04 by NorthernRaider.)
(9 November 2012, 21:08)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Didn't know that about camping filters. Cheers for heads up before I wasted my cash.

If you mean the big white ones with lids yes they should be find, they have just got to be food grade plastic or stainless steel.
(9 November 2012, 21:08)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Didn't know that about camping filters. Cheers for heads up before I wasted my cash.

Yeah I've seen people go and buy those Brita Filters from Argos thinking they were purification filters, they are not.

13 November 2012, 00:36,
Apologies for needing spoon fed here :

1.From the Avonsoft site
Are these the correct type: gravity fed 10" Supersterasyl ?

2.Whats the indicator for them needing replaced does the flow tail away to zero?

Going to make up one of these. Thanks for posting
28 December 2012, 21:58,
great post seems easy to make and a lot cheaper cheers