Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rail Lines as Safer Travel Route
9 November 2012, 15:55,
RE: Rail Lines as Safer Travel Route
I'm still looking into routes and I've looked at railway line but excluded it on the grounds that if we consider it you can guarentee that when tshtf and law and order is everyone for themselves you will have army types using them they have better training than the majority of us and they would slit our throats before we knew they are behind us, saying that I think any route country or otherwise is going to be deadly but everyone to his or her own
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
9 November 2012, 16:35,
(9 November 2012, 15:55)Pagan-Mist Wrote: I'm still looking into routes and I've looked at railway line but excluded it on the grounds that if we consider it you can guarentee that when tshtf and law and order is everyone for themselves you will have army types using them they have better training than the majority of us and they would slit our throats before we knew they are behind us, saying that I think any route country or otherwise is going to be deadly but everyone to his or her own

Thats why we parallel them, Sheeple walk the roads and paths, or the canals, rivers, towpaths, Predator lay in wait along them.
Survivalists parallel them by staying a good 100 to 200 meters to the right or left of the line / road/ canal/ pylon.

9 November 2012, 16:45,
I was thinking of country roads and fields and travelling at night I realise that this still isn't perfect or even near it but for a town this area is quite countrified the down part though apart from being in a target area is the fact we have a lot of barracks around and I don't know the area that well so this I'm still looking at other ways out for north south west and east and possible detour if needed so any advice would be gladly taken on board
9 November 2012, 16:49,
Travelling at night is likely to be your only option if you have skills established in navving and walking at night. If you are completely unskilled you have to go during the day but avoid going near anyone or properties. alertness is your best option.

9 November 2012, 17:00,
Good plan is railways, especially at night.
Problem is load carrying.
If you can't steal a track layers cart, even a moto-cross bike would have difficulties.

9 November 2012, 17:10,
(9 November 2012, 16:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: I live among the creatures of the night.

Rolleyes Laura Branigan.... Self Control? Smile
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
9 November 2012, 17:13,
Cycle paths my way are old train tracks, then you get the actual rain tracks, im using them if I have to get home weather its snow or shtf
9 November 2012, 17:22,
Laura brannigan blimey what century you in Big Grin
9 November 2012, 17:28,
Rolleyes I like Laura Brannigan Tongue
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
9 November 2012, 17:29,
Who??