Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rail Lines as Safer Travel Route
9 November 2012, 17:31,
RE: Rail Lines as Safer Travel Route
Dodgy Don`t worry about it. Rolleyes
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
9 November 2012, 17:49,
I happen to know who laura branigan is sorry my soh sucks oh and I just downloaded self control many thanks :p
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
9 November 2012, 17:55,
(9 November 2012, 17:49)Pagan-Mist Wrote: I happen to know who laura branigan is sorry my soh sucks oh and I just downloaded self control many thanks :p

Smile Lmao... it was aimed at N.R.`s signature... "I live among the creatures of the night." That is a line from Lauras song that you just d/loaded. Smile
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
9 November 2012, 18:00,
I know I just downloaded it lol mind I haven't heard it in years
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
9 November 2012, 19:14,
IF we have to bug out, we go just before dawn, walk or probably cycle a couple of miles until we are out of the immediate area then hole up for most of the day, then go again late afternoon, i reckon 24 hours or less and we will be in our BOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 November 2012, 19:34,
I try and practise, I go one way, try it again with a different route, see if theres short cuts, or imagine paths are bloked or theres enemy that I have to go past. Its good to keep on your toes.
9 November 2012, 20:04,
(9 November 2012, 17:10)BrixhamBadger Wrote:
(9 November 2012, 16:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: I live among the creatures of the night.

Rolleyes Laura Branigan.... Self Control? Smile

She borrowed it of me Smile

I' I live among the creatures of the night ( then she sings ) I have not got the will to try and fight.

I sing

I' I live among the creatures of the night, I have not got the will to repeat myself for the 45th time Smile

10 November 2012, 00:42,
Lots of points to using established routes that can aid in cutting the distance travelled between stops ,down to a minimum.

Railways can be your saviour or your nemesis.

Lots of the older routes were dug down below surface height to keep them off the skyline , you will have lots of vegetation trackside and sloping verges regularly too.
Ideal ambush / trap sites , difficult to disperse from if caught.
Other side of the coin - good concealment from prying eyes.

Railway Bridges / crossings may be the things to worry over most.
These are the railways choke points and easy to setup static checkpoints on , thats why NR is paralleling them and not using them , and he will already have marked out those areas with tunnels / crossings or bridges to be avoided.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
10 November 2012, 10:17,
(10 November 2012, 00:42)The Local Ned Wrote: Lots of points to using established routes that can aid in cutting the distance travelled between stops ,down to a minimum.

Railways can be your saviour or your nemesis.

Lots of the older routes were dug down below surface height to keep them off the skyline , you will have lots of vegetation trackside and sloping verges regularly too.
Ideal ambush / trap sites , difficult to disperse from if caught.
Other side of the coin - good concealment from prying eyes.

Railway Bridges / crossings may be the things to worry over most.
These are the railways choke points and easy to setup static checkpoints on , thats why NR is paralleling them and not using them , and he will already have marked out those areas with tunnels / crossings or bridges to be avoided.

Your military heritage escapes you Smile

11 November 2012, 00:49,
I used to walk one down in Dorset a lot.
Quickest way between Bournemouth East & Bmth Central late at night.
I always went camouflaged though.
Florescent vest, EDC, and head Torch.
Camo for the common man!
Got stopped once only to find out what I was doing.
"Checking signals" was my reason and off he went muttering.
Dunno why.