Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rail Lines as Safer Travel Route
11 November 2012, 10:20,
RE: Rail Lines as Safer Travel Route
we will be using cycle paths(dismantled railway tracks), then footpaths and finally paralleling the river to get to BOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2012, 15:15,
Just make sure you know where the best possible places to trap someone using these routes are BP ,and plan to avoid them if it's possible.

Think - where would I mug someone who was using these paths ?

Find those - plan around them , or recce before you reach them, and only then move forward.

As Paul has said , sometimes its far more effective hiding in plain sight of others , Hi-Vis vests , combat gear , torches mounted on short sticks etc , anyone seeing a group moving forward that looks equipped and capable , and aren't trying to be stealthy , might just decide to avoid you.

My own preference is to be unseen - unheard.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
11 November 2012, 15:22,
(11 November 2012, 15:15)The Local Ned Wrote: Just make sure you know where the best possible places to trap someone using these routes are BP ,and plan to avoid them if it's possible.
thank you for that NED, this route is very sparsely populated....which is why i picked it.....just a few odd farmhouses which i shall be avoiding.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.