Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Average 2011 UK energy consumption:
12 November 2012, 13:34,
Average 2011 UK energy consumption:
While resaercing, I came across a gov sponsored appraisal of UK housing energy consumption

Lighting 6%
Cooking 3%
Heating 62% (adjusted to make total 100%)
Appliances 12%
Hot Water 17%

Want to save money? Start wearing warmer clothes and reduce ambient temperature of the house.

Amazing that more energy is spent on lighting than in cooking meals....I suppose Baked beans don't cost much to re-heat?

see
http://www.decc.gov.uk/assets/decc/11/st...e-2011.pdf
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

12 November 2012, 13:50,
RE: Average 2011 UK energy consumption:
That's pretty crazy! Especially considering that we don't have heating. Having said that, heating is not room specific, and generally heats the whole house! The volume of water required by the radiators and the alike, does explain why it's such a huge number!

Got to say, I'm genuinely blown over by that figure!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 November 2012, 14:10,
(12 November 2012, 13:50)Scythe13 Wrote: That's pretty crazy! Especially considering that we don't have heating. Having said that, heating is not room specific, and generally heats the whole house! The volume of water required by the radiators and the alike, does explain why it's such a huge number!

Its the average houshold figure.

Pretty scary.Especially so when you look atthe heating bill that could be reduced by simply living in a cooler house and wearing warmer clothes.

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

12 November 2012, 14:51,
(12 November 2012, 14:10)Lightspeed Wrote:
(12 November 2012, 13:50)Scythe13 Wrote: That's pretty crazy! Especially considering that we don't have heating. Having said that, heating is not room specific, and generally heats the whole house! The volume of water required by the radiators and the alike, does explain why it's such a huge number!

Its the average houshold figure.

Pretty scary.Especially so when you look atthe heating bill that could be reduced by simply living in a cooler house and wearing warmer clothes.

I can only assume that the average house leaves their heating on year round! As a kid, and still as an adult, heating (plug in ones now) only go on if there's snow outside.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 November 2012, 23:53,
Just to expand the thread a bit.
We're what the world calls a low user of electricity.
Our daily average is only 4-5 units a day.
That's not changed for 5 years.
So I'm wondering what everyone else is using in units NOT MONEY.

14 November 2012, 11:15,
i wonder if the cost will be cut soon !! i doubt it but you never know http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...robed.html
14 November 2012, 12:11,
Can't see it happening Tigs.
The UK government against big business? No contest, big money wins everytime.

Besides they'll have to have a committee to decide on how to form the final committee which will do the investigation who in turn will have to form a quango to oversee the first committee's decision on how the second committee reports back to the . . . . . lost the plot but you'll get the idea.Rolleyes

End result?
The results will be out sometime next year but one and acted on in the NEXT parliament but only if the Tories get back in power (maybe).Undecided

Cynical, me? What ever gave you that idea?Big Grin