Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When do YOU start looting.
14 November 2012, 22:11,
RE: When do YOU start looting.
Hi, I would not get mixed up in looting shops, i think this would be a good time to move out though, while evrey one was
buisy.
This does not mean that i would not borrow things on the way, just would not comprimise the security of myself and
my family.
14 November 2012, 23:44,
Having a read back at all the comments, I realized I hadn't answered all the original questions so:

When do I start looting?
If it's not a CBRN event, almost immediately.
I'd probably let the nutters and rioters smash up everything first.
Not because I'm lazy, but I'd let them pass through and quietly forage through what's left.
I've got no qualms about looting to boost my supplies.
Prescription drugs would be my number one target with fuel a close second.

How do you see the situation evolving on the streets?
Mass panic and disorderly evacuation because people will run for no more reason than no one tells them to stay put.

Inner Cities, will riot and loot at the first sign of civic disruption with fast moving crowds like last time, initially looting then destroying anything and everything. Why? Because they can.

The countryside dwellers won't react too quickly to anything.
Them who live rurally are usually better "supplied" than townies because of the distance they have to travel.

What do you think will happen in regards to law and order?
Same as last time, no plod anywhere, they'll wait until it's all over.
If it turns out to be a full on ROL collapse, perhaps, just perhaps, the forces will be deployed (if not tied up dealing with something else) but way after the initial looting and destruction had finished because they will only be deployed on the orders of COBRA and they take weeks to act on anything

Do you honestly think you'll need to bug out?
I'm rural but once it arrives at my door, it'll be too late.
I'm loath to put myself outside my home security especially if it's a big die off.
I definitely won't want to bug out if it's a CBRN event.

A ROL collapse though I'll probably stay until we got burnt out.
There's better security behind bricks and mortar than in front of it.
After all where are you going to go to and how?
Outside you're so vulnerable.

If you're staying put, how long will you be hiding for?
As long as I can. If it's a big die off it could take 2-3 months.
If it's a total ROL collapse, order will be restored by someone as the UK is money driven, it'll probably be by foreign troops so 2-3 weeks.
Just as soon as the NWO can arrange it I suppose.

How will you keep an eye on the situation outside?
Apart from a peephole? Radio I'm guessing.
TV will probably go down and sticking your nose out could be "counter productive" to your health.
So radio and telephone if it kept on running.

What length of time do you leave it until you leave your home and come outside?
CBRN basic drill says 28-35 days.
That allows most bugs to incubate and kill off the infected and their carers but if it was a mass die off, once everyone had stopped moving.
Radiation / Nuclear? An absolute minimum of 14 days.
If it's a ROL collapse, once order had been restored.

Really good thread this is.

15 November 2012, 11:49,
In a large scale event, Cities would riot, loot and burn in short order, not very long after they would be uninhabitable, full of disease, no services, no food and no water, backed up sewers. Rural areas would be slower to react simply cos they are further away from all the mayhem, but these areas are more resilient anyway. if a large die off there may not be enough people left to resurrect "society", you (the survivors) could be on your own for a long time, "foreign troops" coming to the rescue? WHO? the EU? the Yanks? they may be affected too and have their own problems. WROL could last a very long time, it may never be restored..especially outside London. you could be talking YEARS not months!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 November 2012, 14:09,
Totally agree with everything you wrote bigpaul.

I suppose my main worry is about a civil breakdown following a collapse of the financial world.
I'm sold on the idea that money rules and the NWO is a quietly manipulating everything.
Plus I don't think that the international world will want our tiny country to go far down the tubes simply because we've got nukes.
Nothing to put them in soon , but we have them anyway.

One thing is certain, our special relationship buddies won't want them ending up in the wrong hands so they'll be rolling in even if it is only to secure them.

Tactically who ever owns the UK, will have a brilliant expendable FOB to rule Europe and control all Atlantic trade. Capturing Iceland and nothing moves. Again, highly attractive to the US or even the Asian world.

Worse case though is society collapses for ever.
Not worried, no authority, no laws. Works both ways and I shoot pretty good!

A big die off works a treat for me in survival terms.
If you survive it, the world will literally be your oyster.
Millions of homes, warehouses, everything will just be lying there waiting for little me.

It's 13h and the news report has confirmed Europe is back in recession. Thus my worry re-emerges. Financial collapse.

15 November 2012, 14:58,
(15 November 2012, 14:09)Paul Wrote: Worse case though is society collapses for ever.
Not worried, no authority, no laws. Works both ways and I shoot pretty good!

A big die off works a treat for me in survival terms.
If you survive it, the world will literally be your oyster.
Millions of homes, warehouses, everything will just be lying there waiting for little me.

It's 13h and the news report has confirmed Europe is back in recession. Thus my worry re-emerges. Financial collapse.
yep, big die off works for me too Paul, who needs money when everything is just laying around ready to be picked up? I was just thinking that take something like "the black death"...not saying it will be a pandemic just something on that scale, at its height it killed 50% of the population, i suppose riots and arson and the sheeple fighting amongst themselves could "take out" that many people?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 November 2012, 23:08,
The trouble with a big die off, is that folk in the cities know that its the worse place to be, and before long thousands would be forced out into the country where most people know that country folk usualy do better with less.

This is why it would be a good idea to find a group of like minded people who can work and defend together,... except that we are the strange people who others dont take seriously
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 November 2012, 10:02,
(15 November 2012, 23:08)Highlander Wrote: The trouble with a big die off, is that folk in the cities know that its the worse place to be.

trouble is, city folk DONT know thats the worst place to be and thats why they continue to live there, by the time they realise, its too late and they wont have the food, water and fuel to get anywhere never mind the countryside, and if they try they will die in their thousands from starvation, hyperthermia and exposure.
16 November 2012, 12:47,
(15 November 2012, 23:08)Highlander Wrote: The trouble with a big die off, is that folk in the cities know that its the worse place to be, and before long thousands would be forced out into the country where most people know that country folk usualy do better with less.

This is why it would be a good idea to find a group of like minded people who can work and defend together,... except that we are the strange people who others dont take seriously

Groups, collectives, kibbutz, what ever you call them are just as vulnerable to someone carrying a bug as a single person is if not more vulnerable. One person can hide, a crowd can't.

16 November 2012, 13:57,
(16 November 2012, 12:47)Paul Wrote: One person can hide, a crowd can't.

so true! thats has always been my philosophy!Big Grin
16 November 2012, 14:46,
If it's a pandemic, it would make sense that the group shouldn't join together, until after a couple of months post-event.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin