Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
end of the world postponed
12 November 2012, 23:37,
RE: end of the world postponed
[Image: 197160_300381980066781_687374975_n.jpg]
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
13 November 2012, 07:10,
(12 November 2012, 14:53)Scythe13 Wrote:
(12 November 2012, 13:48)Tigs Wrote: they where all based on the Mayan 2012 prophecy lol

I'm curious now about those that had EVIDENCE about the 2012 thing. Do they now admit their evidence was wrong, or was it actually still accurate, and the mayans were wrong?

they claim they made a mis calculation due to the calendar change over, its the same excuse they used after y2k , in other words they made it up!!
13 November 2012, 07:33,
(13 November 2012, 07:10)Tigs Wrote: in other words they made it up!!

Rolleyes Bit like ANY religion `eh? Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
13 November 2012, 09:28,
(12 November 2012, 23:07)ukphil Wrote: I'm glad it's been put back, I'm not ready for it yet !!

That raises an interesting question. Do you feel that you (or any of us, for that matter, not just asking UKPhil this) will be ready for this at some point?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 November 2012, 09:33,
No I don't think any of us will be but we will be better prepared than most no matter when this happens
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
13 November 2012, 23:05, (This post was last modified: 13 November 2012, 23:07 by TheGuru.)
Thats just fecking brilliant, thousands of pounds in debt almost in the divorce courts, my kids and family reckon I am crazy and going through some sort of mid life prepper crisis, my spellling is aw tae feck, everybody laughing cos I am dressed like a sniper most of the time. Got a garage and a hole full of food, even the dog looks at me funny these days. Does anyone else want to get their bows. knifes of varing sizes, clubs, sling shots, petrol bombs, poison darts and whatever else youve got out and go and hunt these bastards down.
I have always said it far too much education is not good for you, rant, rant, rant, going now to break out some of my stored whisky, Mayan too much education feckers that they are.
13 November 2012, 23:23,
(13 November 2012, 09:28)Scythe13 Wrote:
(12 November 2012, 23:07)ukphil Wrote: I'm glad it's been put back, I'm not ready for it yet !!

That raises an interesting question. Do you feel that you (or any of us, for that matter, not just asking UKPhil this) will be ready for this at some point?

Depends what "It" is, I suppose.

Infrastructure break-down - yep, more or less ready
Financial meltdown - as ready as probably can be
Nuclear war - depends on extent. We're probably in a reasonable location UK-wise and are working on plans to fall-out proof the house
Solar storm - more or less ready
North Sea storm surge - this would be a real pain for us, but could bug out to a safe location.
Short term weather-related events - ready.

But...
Meteorite impact, Volcano-induced "nuclear winter", catastrophic climate run-away, etc. Well, maybe that's the time to say someone is trying to tell me something!

I guess I'm preparing for TEOTWAWKI, not TEOTW period.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
14 November 2012, 11:08,
Good answer Tarrel.

If something does happen, it seems you're pretty much set.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 November 2012, 14:31,
Unfortunately "evidence" in the Imperical sense has no meaning for the original authors and disseminators of such "bone throwing, New Age" bunkum. BAHFKIN HUMBUG
15 November 2012, 19:01,
(12 November 2012, 14:53)Scythe13 Wrote:
(12 November 2012, 13:48)Tigs Wrote: they where all based on the Mayan 2012 prophecy lol

I'm curious now about those that had EVIDENCE about the 2012 thing. Do they now admit their evidence was wrong, or was it actually still accurate, and the mayans were wrong?

What evidence? Since when was there ever evidence?
And no, youtube videos with pseudo-science, massive assumptions and sheer bat-shit lunacy don't count as evidence.