Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doggies!
16 November 2012, 14:47,
Doggies!
Hello All,

I don't know if this ia an issue already discussed on the forum but I would appreciate your various thoughts on what sort of dog to get.
They are great companions for a family but also great for security (I think Highlander will back me on this one! Smile ).
I am thinking of a German shepherd but would like your thoughts.

Thank you! Smile
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
16 November 2012, 15:25,
RE: Doggies!
i am always amazed at what people get, we've got them here with blooming great GSD's we've even seem what looks like a couple of wolves, and a couple of Akito's..all in tiny modern starter homes, where does the dog sit?? anywhere it likes..boom!boom!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 November 2012, 16:37,
Any dog can be an extra addition to the family. I couldnt be without a dog. Would love to get a big scruffy lurcher. Not keen on little yappy cavaliers or handbag dogs.
16 November 2012, 17:02,
What flab=vour doggies ?, Freeze dried or Dehydrated doggy?, Poached poodle, boiled bulldog. Labrador Lasagne ?.

Actually I'm in preference of smaller terriers as they are more useful / capable than bigger dogs, cost less to feed, tend to live longer, work better as hot water bottles great at killing vermin, their shorters wirier coats are better suited to hard work. And a pair of pissed off terriers is a nasty thing to behold as one goes for the throat and the other the gonads, and they are harder to shoot if your a bad guy.

16 November 2012, 17:36,
Dogs,
The perfect "no batteries needed" alarm system.
Cat's,
They make good stew.

16 November 2012, 18:12,
I am a volunteer for the German Shepherd Rescue Scotland,.. and I have three of these great dogs,.. I would never be with German Shepherd

[Image: 11th3.jpg]
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 November 2012, 18:13,
Lovely picture, lovely dogs.
SWMBO is a huge GSD fan too.

16 November 2012, 18:14,
(16 November 2012, 18:12)Highlander Wrote: I am a volunteer for the German Shepherd Rescue Scotland,.. and I have three of these great dogs,.. I would never be with German Shepherd

[Image: 11th3.jpg]

we've got several of those black ones around here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 November 2012, 18:30,
Those are some really F-I-N-E dogs!

Nice point about the terriers, NR. Will take note of it.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
16 November 2012, 18:34,
I've always liked terriers myself, have had 3 Cairn Terriers, and a couple of Jack Russels, and a black and tan, you can get some good dogs from the rescue centres, thats where i'd go if i wanted another dog.