Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh god the media ridicule has started already !!
17 November 2012, 11:52, (This post was last modified: 17 November 2012, 11:53 by Geordie_Rob.)
RE: Oh god the media ridicule has started already !!
(17 November 2012, 11:33)bigpaul Wrote: if that means making the subjects look like complete idiots then thats what they will do

I have to second that. I don't know if anyone saw Geordies overboard on channel 4 recently, but they made them (volunteer lifeboat crew) out to be clueless wannabes. My dad is part of the crew & while being filmed they done 7 rescues. 6 were perfect, they buggered 1 up. Guess which one got shown on national tv???
Sorry for drawing away from the subject. Just giving an example of BP's statement
17 November 2012, 11:59,
A prepper and his credability will soon be parted for 15 minutes of fame.

17 November 2012, 12:03,
God help them if anything does happen because their opsec has been blown to pieces, by their own doing.
17 November 2012, 12:11,
(17 November 2012, 12:03)Geordie_Rob Wrote: God help them if anything does happen because their opsec has been blown to pieces, by their own doing.

Cant think of many people who would like to nick their collection of condoms, lubricants, old air rifles, tins of peaches, inflatable kayaks or 2nd hand combat jackets !!!Smile

17 November 2012, 12:34,
(17 November 2012, 12:11)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(17 November 2012, 12:03)Geordie_Rob Wrote: God help them if anything does happen because their opsec has been blown to pieces, by their own doing.

Cant think of many people who would like to nick their collection of condoms, lubricants, old air rifles, tins of peaches, inflatable kayaks or 2nd hand combat jackets !!!Smile

I like peaches so...Smile
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
17 November 2012, 12:37,
a "second hand" combat jacket is better than having no jacket at all! i can see some unprepared sheeple willing to kill for that!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 November 2012, 12:58,
Me & the mrs could put the condoms & lube to use. That's all I'm saying. Smile
17 November 2012, 13:39,
(17 November 2012, 10:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: I cannot think of anything positive to say about what these attention seeking people have done, so I wont say any more about it, except I'm soooooo glad I dont know them.

I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
17 November 2012, 13:48,
My wife just slapped some sense into me, she quite rightly reminded me that we all started prepping on our own, we all make mistakes ( especially me) its part of the learning process and as she rightly points out its THEIR choice what they do and I should not be so judgemental ( shes right of course) she also points out that those folks probably have been taken out of context in the same way many of the US preppers have been by nat Geo. So suitably chastised and with a sore lughole I wish them well and success, and I give thanks my missus has more brains than me.

17 November 2012, 14:53,
When my friends see my condoms I just say I need them for water, the majority just laugh and think I'm nuts that's the way I prefer it. I can survive 3 days with no food but not without water their problem not mine
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.