• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Scary thought........
17 November 2012, 12:26,
A Scary thought........
What if.....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ntact.html
17 November 2012, 12:31,
RE: A Scary thought........
Holy shit my worst nightmare realised, this is the one scenario that truly bloody terrifies me, Ebola Niger, Congo or Zaire strains becoming airborne pathogens. The ultimate weapon and most terrible way of dying rolled into one. Imgaine having your internals organs liquified and destroyed whilst you are still alive. Eaten alive from the inside out ....... Shuddering thoughts.

If that arrived here it could kill tens of millions in a week.

17 November 2012, 12:36,
I'm not sure any of us can really prep for this.
17 November 2012, 12:37,
That is truly scary!!

We really would be finished if it spread.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
17 November 2012, 12:39, (This post was last modified: 17 November 2012, 12:53 by bigpaul.)
the only thing you could do is stay away from crowded places, supermarkets, buses, trains etc.etc. and go into total isolation until the threat is over.
i wonder if this has anything to do with the consumption of "bush meat"? i see the report says something about not eating monkeys!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 November 2012, 14:27,
I agree only total isolation would save your life and chem suits. I hope if I caught this someone would have the decency to put a bullet in me than let me suffer.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
17 November 2012, 14:57,
Here's a happy thought though.
FFP3, P100, P3 filters seem to be able to cope with things larger than 200nm particles. (1 micron um = 1000 nanometers nm)
Doesn't mean the virus can't enter a cut though but it would give us some protection.

The 5 most "worried about" airborne bugs are listed as:-
http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/1667-fi...gions.html

Influenza (10-300nm)
SARS (80-100nm)

Anthrax (800-1600nm)
Ebola (970nm)
TB (1500-2000nm)

Red being too small to filter.

17 November 2012, 17:58,
But if its airbourn they it doesnt matter how remote we are,.. we cant hide from the wind,..scary indeed
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 November 2012, 18:27,
(17 November 2012, 17:58)Highlander Wrote: But if its airbourn they it doesnt matter how remote we are,.. we cant hide from the wind,..scary indeed

depends on who long the virus can survive outside a host and what happens when it lands on the ground or inert surfaces
17 November 2012, 19:41,
oh shit oh shit oh shit!!!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!