Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar flares
23 November 2012, 18:03,
RE: Solar flares
(22 November 2012, 23:12)Highlander Wrote: Going back to the begining,.. if we were away from cars, radios etc, how do we know that a pulse has hit,... do we get a flash in the sky?, I read somewhere that the keys in your pocket get hot.

I am often away from civilization in the spring/summer,... how would I know?

.......... and yes, I also believe the best way is to use layers, many layers in order to protect your most valuble electrical items

Decent showing of the Aurora (Northern Lights) at lower than normal latitudes would be a good indication.

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
23 November 2012, 18:15,
We have never seen the Northern Lights from our location, we would need to be a bit further north
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 November 2012, 23:17,
As I think the solar threat is the highest on my list of threats,... I have been looking for more information, and came up with this great site.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/so...s_06142011

Dont forget to look at the link,... this one below is probably the best..

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-prepar...s_06102011
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 November 2012, 23:19,
(23 November 2012, 18:15)Highlander Wrote: We have never seen the Northern Lights from our location, we would need to be a bit further north

Not in the event of a major solar storm. When they can see them in London it will be time to worry!

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
26 November 2012, 09:21,
Have any of you noticed signal problems with your phones or your phone cutting off with a full signal, or maybe problems while trying to pay with your bank card at a shop or petrol station or whatever. We have been hit with low level waves from solar flares since Friday, not enough power to harm anything but its been fecking up wave propagation for transmitting and receiving.
26 November 2012, 10:30,
Yes my phone has but I did put it down to the weather though saying that if the solar aren't M class or X class I didn't think they'd affect phones as such, think I will be looking at one of my bookmarks, they also did say that we were due unsually high rates of solar activity for 2012.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.