Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of fitness training will be the best?
19 November 2012, 18:54, (This post was last modified: 19 November 2012, 19:03 by Scythe13.)
RE: What type of fitness training will be the best?
Cross-Fit

Problem is, I'm too vain. So love a bit of good old bodybuilding too haha.
Even though I did answer very quickly.

It all depends on where you are and where you want to be able to be, as well as your timescales to get there!

For some people, trying to keep up with me would kill them. Same as me trying to keep up with some others.

But it all depends on what you want.

For me, I figured it's best to be in the top 10% of the population for overall fitness and strength. That's shockingly easy, because so many people are unfit. I know there will always be someone faster, fitter, stronger, etc. But there will be few with the same overall capabilities to the extent that I have. That's not boasting! That's just stating a fact.

Most people have an issue running 5 miles. Most people have a problem running 10 miles. Most people have a problem benching 100kg (I don't hit a perfect 8 reps with that, but I don't include the weight of the bar in my numbers). Most people can't swim underwater for 25 meters.

At the end of the day, trying to be the very best at everything will HUGELY overtrain you! I learned this the hard way. My wife's brother is superfit and hit a migraine in his last half marathon (that he cycled over 30 miles to). He couldn't see properly from mile 8 until the end of the race, and still came in second place. The winner made a new record, and the guy in 3rd was unseen after the first 2 miles, according to my B-in-Law. So he just ran a training run with people cheering and clapping for him! I know I couldn't beat him in a race over 1 mile, and it would be 50/50 if I could beat him to the 1 mile mark. But his level of training is wearing on him. My knees click from leg pressing 1000+lbs.

Think about what capabilities you want, then work towards them.

If anyone says they plan to use stealth instead of fitness, just laugh at them. Being fit allows for better stealth!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: What type of fitness training will be the best? - by Scythe13 - 19 November 2012, 18:54