Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Weather Coming
21 November 2012, 23:54,
Cold Weather Coming
http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.ph...&archive=0

Some folks are saying this looks similar to the pattern at the same time in 2010.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
21 November 2012, 23:59,
RE: Cold Weather Coming
It was alot colder in november in2010 than it is now, im no weather man, were in for a cold winter but hopefully not that bad
22 November 2012, 00:01,
thanks better double check the kit in the car and make sure I have what I may need

the joy of working 33 miles from home
22 November 2012, 11:23,
Sorry to say it but we need a really cold winter, the rivers and streams are full and we need the rain to stop to allow them to empty otherwise the serious flooding we are getting just now is gonna get a lot worse.
22 November 2012, 11:25,
It's going to be crazy weather this winter!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 November 2012, 11:48,
I reckon your right Scythe I used to look forward to it but due to the economy and all that shit our glorius employers have took our Purpose built Discos away and gave us a 4X4 thats only fit for the school run, so looks like I will be getting stuck all over tha place this winter.
22 November 2012, 11:51,
what with all the water in the ditches, in the fields and on the roads, the first cold snap will turn it all into skating rinks!!that reminds me, LIDL are selling sets of Snow Chains for £19.99!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 November 2012, 12:09,
If its gonna get cold dont forget to drain your fuel cans and refill with with grade petrol and diesel which has been on the forcourts since the 15th Nov.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WINTER DIESEL
NR

Basically this explains why you need to buy your diesel for storing and caching in the winter.

EN590

BS EN 590:2004 (which supersedes BS EN 590:1999) lays down the maximum "cold filter plugging point" (CFPP, the temperature at which the fuel won't pass through a fuel filter) for UK diesel. Pretty much every UK forecourt sells diesel certified to BS EN 590.

- for diesel on sale between 16th March and 15th November, the max CFPP is -5 degrees C
- for diesel on sale between 16th November and 15th March, the max CFPP is -15 degrees C

If you've got problems with your diesel waxing, then either:
- it's been a lot colder than you realise
- you're running on summer diesel in the winter
- you're running on heating oil or something else which isn't "diesel"
- your local garage is being very naughty and needs reporting to Trading Standards

Or, of course, you might have bought a stockpile of 2000 litres of diesel back in June when it was cheap ...

22 November 2012, 13:36,
Didn't even know there was different freezing temperatures for different diesels? What temp does petrol freeze at or is it just the same?
22 November 2012, 13:57,
Petrol is fine itself (although your motor might not be able to start) to about -40c. Diesel becomes to thick to be pumped or pass through a filter as per what NR said.

Remember the days before electronic fuel injection and manual chokes on petrols?