Softshell / fleece / pile lined combo
Nylon / Cordura
Mil spec Cotton jacket /smock / parka
Leather / Suade
Gortex or other Breathable material
Cotton Canvas or Denim
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clothing trend survey
24 November 2012, 21:29,
Clothing trend survey
I was wondering what sort of outdoor jacket most people reach for when they are popping out anyplace, or EDCing etc, IE you get a call from work, wife, mum, GF, colleague, etc or you decide you have to go someplace right away, what is the jacket you grab by choice?

24 November 2012, 21:53,
RE: Clothing trend survey
I'd grab my goretex jacket

Use it all the time so it will always have the right liner in it for the season
24 November 2012, 22:01,
Its not a thing I have often thought about, but I voted for the ex mil spec cotton jacket/smock,.. not fully waterpoof I know, but I will often put a more waterproof [ lighter ] item under the smock,.. this then keeps me dry,.. they are warm,..and they dont made a noise when rubbed against things.

There may well be better options, but its also what I have to hand
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 November 2012, 23:07,
Bugger, i just realised I forgot Ventile, but I suppose with it being horrendously expensive none of us would probably use it !!

24 November 2012, 23:35, (This post was last modified: 24 November 2012, 23:41 by Tarrel.)
Paramo is also not on the list, which is my jacket of choice.
Actually, if I'm just nipping out for a pint of milk or something, I'll grab the Paramo, which is also my hillwalking jacket. If I'm going to the woodland, I'll wear a flannel shirt over a cotton teeshirt, and either a sleeveless insulated bodywarmer if it's dry, or a wax cotton jacket if wet/windy.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
25 November 2012, 00:17,
Swedish wool poachers jacket. Keeps the wind out and the water off, also looks very smart.

http://fu-kit.com/product.php/438/swedis...et-for-men

£20 on that site, I bought mine last winter for £12 from a different site that does not have them in stock any longer.

25 November 2012, 08:59,
I grab my black BladeRunner hoodie.

Since Kevlar lined wasn't an option, I thought I'd have to click Other.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 November 2012, 11:11,
green camo hoodie!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 November 2012, 12:34,
thick wool military style coat, very warm and toasty, but not waterproofSad if it's raining I'll wear a Gortex smock style jacket, but I prefer the Wool jacket as it is warmer in my opinion and windproof because of the thickness
25 November 2012, 18:32,
US surplus goretex
weighs a bit because of all the stuff I've convinced myself it's prudent to carry