Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
after all the rain now comes the snow!
27 November 2012, 12:18,
after all the rain now comes the snow!
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/3608...st-a-month
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 November 2012, 12:22,
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow!
And I've just ordered a really nice Parka from this awesome company... http://www.sids-surplus.co.uk

You should check it out.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 November 2012, 14:14,
(27 November 2012, 12:22)Scythe13 Wrote: And I've just ordered a really nice Parka from this awesome company... http://www.sids-surplus.co.uk

You should check it out.

got a wardrobe full of jackets, parka's, hoodie's and coats....as my OH keeps on pointing out!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 November 2012, 19:10,
Showed my daughters the link and all they could think was yippee! All I could think was "great we get cut off again.... and the subaru has just died." Smile
27 November 2012, 19:55,
(27 November 2012, 19:10)Ferret Wrote: Showed my daughters the link and all they could think was yippee! All I could think was "great we get cut off again.... and the subaru has just died." Smile

It's a good opportunity to learn snow driving.
27 November 2012, 20:09,
I have no choice - we are cut off from the village at the slightest hint of snow. Actually it's mainly ice driving that's the problem Smile
27 November 2012, 20:15,
(27 November 2012, 20:09)Ferret Wrote: I have no choice - we are cut off from the village at the slightest hint of snow. Actually it's mainly ice driving that's the problem Smile

WOW!!! That's slightly more hazardous. Snow can provide pretty good traction if you know what to do.
27 November 2012, 20:55,
The temperature has just dropped like a stone here, it looked like it was trying to snow earlier now its starting to freeze I nearly went ice skating through the back door.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
27 November 2012, 21:03,
I must admit, I hate the snow,... but I happen to be in a job that demands I drive 130 miles a day, over single track Highland roads that very rarely see a snow plough,... my wife also drives and does at least 15 miles off road,... so between us, our snow driving isnt too bad.

If this report is true then I am not looking forward to it... I hope that we are clse enough to the sea for the snow to stay relitively clear,.. ut just like Ferret experiences,... that just laves the ice

For the last two day at a place called Lochailort, where I drive through twice a day,... there has been ice on the sea, the guys who work on the fish farms were breaking the ice with the boats when they were out feeding... now salt water freezes at -10, so the water was at least that,...roll on spring
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 November 2012, 21:10,
We have a family home in Sutherland (my husband is Scottish) I prefer driving in the snow in the Highlands because most people are more respectful of the road conditions and other road users. Down here in Durham we are on a tiny back lane and if I had a penny for everyone who turned up at my back door asking to be pulled out I would be a millionaire. I finally lost it two years ago when I was run off the road by a learner driver ... on our single track road .... with no passing places .... and mostly sheer ice. No grouse with the learner but the pillock in the passenger seat got an earful of my best Anglo Saxon.