Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Skin Moisturiser?
28 November 2012, 21:27,
Natural Skin Moisturiser?
1st off I'm not sure if this is in the right catagory or not. It's to do with my health & wellbeing, so I think it right.

Basically I have quite severe exzema & the key to keeping on top of it is moisturising regularly (4-5 times a day, head to foot). This is fine & manageable in these times where supplies are readily available but does anyone know of any natural moisturisers?

My worry is post SHTF & my med supplies are exhausted then my skin gets bad. Once it gets bad I'm more prone to catching infections & with no antibiotics available ill be dealt the wrong hand at some point & probably end up snuffing it. My plan is to postpone this as long as I can (obviously).

Now people had exzema long before international pharmaceuticals (thank god for auto-correct for the spelling of that) supplied the world with life saving meds & moisturisers. Does anyone know any "old fashioned" natural bits & bobs I could use? I've heard salt water is good for infections but its a bit nippy to go dunking my backside in the sea down at Whitley bay so I'm looking for as many options as possible.

Cheers in advance.
28 November 2012, 21:33, (This post was last modified: 28 November 2012, 21:34 by Highlander.)
RE: Natural Skin Moisturiser?
(28 November 2012, 21:27)Geordie_Rob Wrote: 1st off I'm not sure if this is in the right catagory or not. It's to do with my health & wellbeing, so I think it right.

Basically I have quite severe exzema & the key to keeping on top of it is moisturising regularly (4-5 times a day, head to foot). This is fine & manageable in these times where supplies are readily available but does anyone know of any natural moisturisers?

My worry is post SHTF & my med supplies are exhausted then my skin gets bad. Once it gets bad I'm more prone to catching infections & with no antibiotics available ill be dealt the wrong hand at some point & probably end up snuffing it. My plan is to postpone this as long as I can (obviously).

Now people had exzema long before international pharmaceuticals (thank god for auto-correct for the spelling of that) supplied the world with life saving meds & moisturisers. Does anyone know any "old fashioned" natural bits & bobs I could use? I've heard salt water is good for infections but its a bit nippy to go dunking my backside in the sea down at Whitley bay so I'm looking for as many options as possible.

Cheers in advance.

One of the better ingredients for this and other skin complaints is Honey,..it has a wide claim to fame
I would try some now and test it out,... and not wait until TSHTF
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 November 2012, 21:42,
I will look into it. My initial concern is washing it off afterwards Smile

I've always wanted to get a hive & keep bees (again the wife veto'd this) so if it works, it could be a cheap way to source what I need.
28 November 2012, 21:59,
I have recently cured ( yes cured) my wifes eye condition Bletheritus after years of prescription medications by coating her eyes as she goes to bed with pure honey, three nights and the condition disappeared. So far two months and no reoccurance.

28 November 2012, 22:07,
Without sounding totally clueless, although clearly I am, how do you know what is pure honey? I thought all honey was pure.
28 November 2012, 22:30,
(28 November 2012, 22:07)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Without sounding totally clueless, although clearly I am, how do you know what is pure honey? I thought all honey was pure.

think the pure honey is the one that cost more has more bang for you buck i think
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 November 2012, 23:45,
Geordie the meadows centre on the ridges has bees now in there alotmant bit, might be able to get some honey/bee keeping expierence there
28 November 2012, 23:51,
I didn't know that. Cheers mate, ill make enquiries.
28 November 2012, 23:54,
Just got them in a few months back not been in to see em yet. But they sell some good stuff at the alotment
29 November 2012, 00:00,
Pure honey is just that - honey with very little else in - be it comb or bits of bee and the like. Any honey you buy in the shops will have more than likely been filtered - you will be able to see right away. Does not have to be the expensive stuff.

Try treating from the inside rather than the outside - organic / pasture raised meat, eggs and milk, fish, make sure your veg oil is rape oil and eat plenty of cabbage.