Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rabbiting
29 November 2012, 00:27,
Rabbiting
Hi everyone

I'm starting a new job, so am going to be getting myself a sexy new air-rifle to get me some rabbits.

The Ratcatcher is brilliant and very consistent, but I'm looking for a bit more bang for the buck. Going to go for something to take out some rabbits.

Price range tops out at £350.

Recommendations please.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 November 2012, 00:31,
RE: Rabbiting
(29 November 2012, 00:27)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi everyone

I'm starting a new job, so am going to be getting myself a sexy new air-rifle to get me some rabbits.

The Ratcatcher is brilliant and very consistent, but I'm looking for a bit more bang for the buck. Going to go for something to take out some rabbits.

Price range tops out at £350.

Recommendations please.

pcp or spring pal
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
29 November 2012, 00:32,
Ferrets and nets
29 November 2012, 00:33, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2012, 00:33 by Scythe13.)
I'm looking at CO2.

Don't think spring is quiet enough, and leaving a spring under pressure can damage the spring.
PCP will end up taking ages to pump up, but will give me a crap first shot, and then 10 good shots, until I'm pumping again.
Ferrets stink!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 November 2012, 00:36,
Gills(female) ferrets aint bad unless they set off a stink bomb. Got ne idea when it comes to air rifles im afraid
29 November 2012, 00:39, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2012, 00:41 by Barneyboy.)
(29 November 2012, 00:33)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm looking at CO2.

Don't think spring is quiet enough, and leaving a spring under pressure can damage the spring.
PCP will end up taking ages to pump up, but will give me a crap first shot, and then 10 good shots, until I'm pumping again.
Ferrets stink!!!

made me giggle Smileok you can keep a springer cocked for some time and it will not kill it 2\3 hours co2 have same prob with the low power pcps not as bad as you think had some good ones hatsan 44 10 sweet 16 is a good gun
(29 November 2012, 00:39)Barneyboy Wrote:
(29 November 2012, 00:33)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm looking at CO2.

Ferrets stink!!!

made me giggle Smileok you can keep a springer cocked for some time and it will not kill it 2\3 hours co2 have same prob with the low power pcps not as bad as you think had some good ones hatsan 44 10 sweet 16 is a good gun oh yeah with pcps there is no recall and i mean none which is very good for pellet placement

29 November 2012, 00:55,
Could you not use long nets?
29 November 2012, 08:48, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2012, 08:49 by Highlander.)
Looking forward to the answers here,..I was only talking about it last night,....

What is the highest calibra rifle that we can have without a licence,... is it just the air rifle

If you go for the CO2

Ooops posted too quick

If you go for the CO2 isnt that a canister that will run out quickly?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 November 2012, 09:17,
Weihrauch HW 77 Karbine used in conjunction with .22 WASP pellets.Has square profile spring.Use Bisley Pest Control or similar when squirreling.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
29 November 2012, 09:30,
(29 November 2012, 08:48)Highlander Wrote: Looking forward to the answers here,..I was only talking about it last night,....

What is the highest calibra rifle that we can have without a licence,... is it just the air rifle

If you go for the CO2

Ooops posted too quick

If you go for the CO2 isnt that a canister that will run out quickly?

12 ft lb is as much you can hav e with no fac. hw77 pal bloody good gun that got one my self. never done netting but wood like to try