Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good samaritan
30 November 2012, 17:29,
A good samaritan
[Image: cop-shoes-nypd.jpg]

'A photo of a New York City police officer kneeling down to give a barefoot homeless man in Times Square a pair of boots on a cold November night is melting even the iciest New Yorkers' hearts online.

On Nov. 14, NYPD officer Lawrence DePrimo, who was on counterterrorism duty in Times Square, saw the older homeless man without shoes sitting on 42nd Street. DePrimo, 25, left and then returned with a pair of $100 boots he bought at a nearby Skechers store.

"It was freezing out, and you could see the blisters on the man's feet," DePrimo, a three-year veteran of the department who lives with his parents on Long Island, told the New York Times. "I had two pairs of socks, and I was still cold."'

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/nypd...19581.html
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
30 November 2012, 17:55,
RE: A good samaritan
its thinking like this that untites people!!
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
1 December 2012, 16:11,
I sometime give a couple of quid to a big issue seller I see now and again, and before I'm torn a new one he isn't a drug addict he isn't an alcoholic when I've spoken to him he's intelligent and was also in the past a business man who has lost everything. I've seen ex-army on the streets they served in the first iraq war and no-one gives a toss that they've lost their minds.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
1 December 2012, 17:43,
(1 December 2012, 16:11)Pagan-Mist Wrote: I sometime give a couple of quid to a big issue seller I see now and again, and before I'm torn a new one he isn't a drug addict he isn't an alcoholic when I've spoken to him he's intelligent and was also in the past a business man who has lost everything. I've seen ex-army on the streets they served in the first iraq war and no-one gives a toss that they've lost their minds.

bloody wright pal not all home less are the same ex army this fucking country should holed its head in shame
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 December 2012, 17:53,
More and more people are losing everything and to be polite the govement don't give a shit, some of these have put up to 40% in taxes into the system only for the system to turn on them no wonder when this countries goverments moto is all for one and one for all ( that should be a prepper sentiment)
1 December 2012, 17:55,
(1 December 2012, 17:53)Pagan-Mist Wrote: this countries goverments moto is all for one and one for all ( that should be a prepper sentiment)

wasnt that the Muskateers motto??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 December 2012, 17:57, (This post was last modified: 1 December 2012, 18:01 by Pagan-Mist.)
Oh and by the way I'm not a poxy leftie I've. Just got a bad attitude problem
Isn't that that the goverments motto stick with us and we'll stick with you don't take the piss when theirs x forces on the street
2 December 2012, 12:55,
These are the sort of Plod we need running the police not the box ticking seat polishers we have. People like this deserve respect.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin