Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steradent To Purify Water?
1 December 2012, 14:28,
Steradent To Purify Water?
Any thoughts on using 'Steradent' to purify long term water supplies? It's one of the safer bleaches and it's used for cleaning false teeth so it should be safe for ingestion in small doses?
1 December 2012, 14:38,
RE: Steradent To Purify Water?
probably OK but i would use Milton.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 December 2012, 15:10,
Couple of drops of unscented bleach per gallon is the easiest option IIRC

1 December 2012, 15:26,
I've got ordinary sterilisation tablets like they use to sterilise baby bottles, cheap at 60p a box and about 50/60 tablets. One tablet sterilizes 25 litres of water for drinking. I realize this maybe an expensive option but is somewhat easier for me as I'm trying to teach 4 or 5 newbies the basics of prepping.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
1 December 2012, 15:30,
Thank you for your thoughts on this matter. I can get Steradent for free that's why I was thinking of using it. Some great suggestions thanks. Smile
1 December 2012, 16:42,
Give it a go to try and sort out the dose to use.

I'm building a sand filter for long term and have severalbought filters, like the army ones, and bleach tablets as well.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 December 2012, 10:24,
(1 December 2012, 16:42)Skean Dhude Wrote: Give it a go to try and sort out the dose to use.

I'm building a sand filter for long term and have severalbought filters, like the army ones, and bleach tablets as well.

Now that sounds interesting, I could do with building something like that myself for long term use. How are you going about this build S.D?
2 December 2012, 12:26,
(1 December 2012, 16:42)Skean Dhude Wrote: Give it a go to try and sort out the dose to use.

would be interested in plans for a sand filter

must have a look. I know that there are 3 types used on a large scale but only one of those dosen't need chemicals etc

2 December 2012, 12:35,
There are plans for a sand filter on the main site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 December 2012, 12:42,
Off to the main site for a quick look ....... thanks SD