Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat pack pouches
2 December 2012, 11:20, (This post was last modified: 2 December 2012, 11:21 by Geordie_Rob.)
Rat pack pouches
Just wondered if anyone knows where i can get any rat pack pouches cheap. I'm busy making my pack to store in my car & although tins would do me fine I was thinking rat packs for long life + the bonus of having hot water for a cuppa at the same time Smile

Cheers in advance peeps
Also, any alternative fuel for a hexy stove other than hexy blocks?
2 December 2012, 12:17,
RE: Rat pack pouches
Not much available at the moment as is often the case when our soldiers are deployed, you tend only to come across affordable rat packs when a conflict ends and the manufacturers have excessive stock.

2 December 2012, 12:45,
I noticed the prices on eBay seemed to be very high (compared to my last lot I bought in 2002 - up about 300%) but I just assumed it was due to general price increases over the 10 year period.

Cheers.

Rob
2 December 2012, 13:13, (This post was last modified: 2 December 2012, 13:18 by NorthernRaider.)
Naaa the mil chaps are using up huge amounts and the aid organisations are also using loads. Theres a civvy alternative made in Co Durham available , I'll try and find it for you.
Yup here you go, good northern made grub, scroll down the page to see the pouches.

http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/Page/Pr...px?CatID=0

2 December 2012, 13:28,
Army surplus in towns doing them for £20-25 a box, bound to be cheaper source if you shop about
2 December 2012, 13:39,
Bugger that I've never paid more than £4 a box.

2 December 2012, 13:41,
Used to get ration packs for free, I couldnt belive the price when I seen them in theshop
2 December 2012, 13:53,
What exactly are these. Are they the puches that attach to the jackets and webbing. If so I never heard them called that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 December 2012, 14:46,
Skean, I'm on about the pouches of food from ration packs.

Metro, £20 a box is the average price I have found for complete 24hr ration box. Last time I bought them they were about £6 a box.

NR, cheers for the link. Ill have a look & see.
2 December 2012, 17:33,
I am lucky enough to get the odd 48 ration pack for free, I know a certain man on a certain Army range that often brings me one up when he visits,... the problem seems to be that the Army seems to have gone all foriegn with their food, the last two I was kindly given we `rice this and foriegn that`,... and I am not a fan of that food.

Your Link looks very good NR
A major part of survival is invisibility.