Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youre plans for 2013
2 December 2012, 12:39,
Youre plans for 2013
What are your plans for 2013 what do you want to do?
My plans are.
To increase the number of chickens from 3 to 6.
Build a clay oven to do most of the cooking in meats, bread and pizzas.
Build a small smokehouse to smoke our homemade hams, sausages, bacon, meats, fish and some veg.
Make a living wall salad garden.
May take a local course on bee keeping.
Preserve more food and increase things like pickles, chutneys and jams.
Try and build a solar dryer.
And most importantly do alot more homebrewing.
That lot should keep me out of trouble.
Failure is NOT an option
2 December 2012, 12:55,
RE: Youre plans for 2013
Keep on building up the food stocks as not be prepping for long and money is short

Once got to 3 months will do 1 month trail (replacing hat we use as we go).... hopefully this will refine what we need per month and we'll be doing it whilst at least one or both of us are leave from work.

apart from that once we've the cash situation improves I start investing in kit

oh and quitting smoking is on the agenda so that will help on the cash front too
2 December 2012, 13:34,
Learn to drive
Hopefully go to uni
try rockclimb, can anyone recomend a budget set of climbing shoes?
Also going to do the allendale challenge http://www.northoftynesearchandrescue.or...ndale.html I know its going to be tough, will be doing it with people that have done it before, need to start training soon and brush up on my map reading skills
2 December 2012, 14:12,
am currently looking at ways to finish work but still be ok financially so that i can take son number 1 out of school to start home schooling him with a view to take the others out 1 at a time.
im going to buy a chicken run and get some chickens.
i want a wood burner installed.
im going to attempt to become more organised with both my preps and myself lol
2 December 2012, 14:14,
what are you lot talking about its the end of the world 21/12/12 RUN TO THE HILLS
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
2 December 2012, 15:32,
Most of all ...to live a simple life......grow my own food....keep my chickens..get some goats n pigs and ducks and get the harmony i lust after and live just to live and to be left alone........my dream
2 December 2012, 17:25,
Pass my foundation exam [ amature radio ].... Thinking of post Solar impulse transport,..
and Kick start Quad bikes.
....and maybe rabbits,..lol
A major part of survival is invisibility.
2 December 2012, 18:50,
Build a chicken coop and get some chucks, build up our dried food stores to three months supply. Root Cellar barrels and build my raised beds and if I get all that done I'll be writing some 'Prepper articles'.Smile
2 December 2012, 19:21,
well my newley found bol is in need of work, smoke house, wood stores, hydroponic veggi garden via diverted stream#2. and i want to make a sweat lodge for hygiene. i'm gonna buy a big ammo crate, insulate it, berry and fill it with snare kit, shooting kit and fishing kit. i also have 4 years till my boy is the same age i started usung a knife, shooting, fishing ect. so i've got alot of brushing up to do. i'll never live up to my dad(rip) he was a great man. but i'm gonna trie non the less.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
3 December 2012, 18:47,
Plan to do up the workshop, so that it's completely off grid for power, and reduce the energy consumption by getting some hand tools.

Expand the greenhouse to up veggie production, maybe try and grow some new things (Citrus fruits maybe ?)

Planning to increase the headcount too, SWMBO wants a baby ;-(
Sodomi Non Sapiens.