Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
homemade bacon sandwich
2 December 2012, 14:02,
homemade bacon sandwich
If you think making youre own bread, bacon and rearing youre own chickens is to much work. Ive just had the most incredible bacon and egg sandwich with homemade bread it was out of this world. Crispy streaky bacon with an egg that was golden yellow and full of taste, warm bread with a crunchie crust. Mouth watering.
Failure is NOT an option
2 December 2012, 15:03,
RE: homemade bacon sandwich
already there uks.....your right you just can,t beat it
2 December 2012, 15:09,
we already make our own bread, have done so for 10 years, we buy local eggs that are free range from a local supplier who only has a few chickens in the garden, our bacon comes from a local smallholding, will be having all 3 tonight for our tea!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 December 2012, 15:32,
Sounds good BP
Failure is NOT an option
2 December 2012, 18:28,
If there was a negative thanks I'd have clicked it. I love that stuff and it is making me jealous. Hrmmh.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 December 2012, 18:44,
Yeah that sounds really good. Wifey buys eggs and stores them 'Oiled', they last well past their sell by dates but we are thinking of getting chucks as we really miss having them and feeding them the kitchen scraps.Smile
2 December 2012, 21:14,
Speaking of oiling eggs, which oil is used and where to get some please?
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
2 December 2012, 21:37,
We use Mineral Oil (food grade) and we get it from 'Mystic Moments' through ebay, you don't need much just a little in your hands...although you can also use petroleum Jelly which is cheaper.

Just make sure that you check that the eggs are still fresh to use by putting them submersed in a bowl of water...if they float they went bad, if they sink then they are witches and must be burnt....hang on I think that's something else...but you get the idea....sunked eggs are good....floaty eggs are bad.Wink
2 December 2012, 22:24,
When oiled how long will they last?
2 December 2012, 22:36,
(2 December 2012, 22:24)Metroyeti Wrote: When oiled how long will they last?

Some Preppers say around four months, but we tend to have a rolling four week to eight week system buying eggs once a month, putting the date they were oiled on the outside of the box and rotating them so that the older eggs get eaten first. I have only ever found one bad egg, so it works rather well.