Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Britains debt time bomb
4 December 2012, 20:34,
RE: Britains debt time bomb
Again, same as Wildman's depression thread, the UK debt is something I've been speaking about for ages.

If you're not stocking up silver or gold, then you're going to get screwed more than you need to.

It's great to have tins and bottles of water, but you will also need cash to pay taxes, rent, bills, etc. That's where silver comes into play. If you only have tins and the alike, then unless you're going to open a shop, you're going to be evicted for not paying tax, water, electricity, etc.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 December 2012, 20:37, (This post was last modified: 4 December 2012, 20:40 by BDG.)
(4 December 2012, 19:52)SealDriver Wrote: I wouldn't mind but like so many people on here I have always worked hard and done what was right....yet we are all paying for the fat cat's mistakes.

They are still rich and we are getting drained of blood. It says something about this country when private companies can level taxes on citizens with the consent of its Government.

It is more the fact the last 100 years of bad currency manipulation by various governments in many countries across the world to pay for social, welfare and benefit programs that have got us into the situation we are in. We were always going to end up in it, it was just a case of when.

The bad thing is those that originally caused the situation and those that promoted the programs always knew this would come about - but they had hoped *something????* would happen in the world to save what they had did.
(4 December 2012, 20:34)Scythe13 Wrote: Again, same as Wildman's depression thread, the UK debt is something I've been speaking about for ages.

If you're not stocking up silver or gold, then you're going to get screwed more than you need to.

It's great to have tins and bottles of water, but you will also need cash to pay taxes, rent, bills, etc. That's where silver comes into play. If you only have tins and the alike, then unless you're going to open a shop, you're going to be evicted for not paying tax, water, electricity, etc.

What are you going to do? Stock up all of the gold and silver in the world? It WILL run out after a period of time. Do not believe that honest men will put themselves into bondage - a financial collapse may come - but the only people who will be evicted are those who do not pay mortgages or rent.

Decent men will not stand for it.
4 December 2012, 21:21,
There are families out there with no gold and food. If we get to the state where they are being evicted then they will have to be housed by the state. A very expensive business. All you need to do is last longer than they do and with food and money you can do that. Eventually everyone will run out of money at the lower end of the scale. Only diff is they won't have food either.

and what are you going to do to pay your bills. Gold needs cnverted to something else first.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 December 2012, 21:36,
SD How can they be housed by the state because even if they moved people to areas with empty council houses they are still over 230,000 houses short??

4 December 2012, 21:43,
Have you ever wondered who benifits the most.......BANKERS .....why do you think they have engineered and planned where we are right now...BUT who controls the banksters....folks.....TAKE A GOOD LOOK..friends......look outside the box they hold us in
4 December 2012, 21:48,
Exactly my point. They can't do it and those that are at least ahead of their payments won't get touched for a long time.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 December 2012, 10:12,
(4 December 2012, 20:37)BDG Wrote:
(4 December 2012, 20:34)Scythe13 Wrote: Again, same as Wildman's depression thread, the UK debt is something I've been speaking about for ages.

What are you going to do? Stock up all of the gold and silver in the world? It WILL run out after a period of time. Do not believe that honest men will put themselves into bondage - a financial collapse may come - but the only people who will be evicted are those who do not pay mortgages or rent.

Decent men will not stand for it.

Of course it will run out, same as our stores will run out. But as we all say, it's a buffer until we're able to support ourselves. Imagine if you'd bought silver back in 2000 when it was around $6 an ounce (in the UK lots of places just sell at the same numerical value just convert the dollar into a pound sign, so we'll keep it that simple for this post). For every 5 ounces you bought, you'd have spent £30. Now, a single ounce is worth £30. So, it's a hedge against inflation. If you sent £100 on silver, it would now be worth £500. That's a nice thing to have in your pocket. Change it up a little. 2 years time, if silver is up around the £100 an ounce price (I'm expecting it to be closer to £800 an ounce....remember to change £ for $ for real world values.....around 2016), that same £100 of silver in 2000, now at £100 an ounce in 2014 will be a HUGE buffer!!! From £6 to £100 per ounce! You'd have changed that £100 into £1600+ Which will be a lovely buffer against job loss, to help you pay rent, mortgage, bills, etc.

It's not about honest people putting themselves into bondage (good expression by the way. Not heard that for a while). It's simply the fact that we have to pay bills (gas, electric, water, etc), taxes (road tax, council tax, etc), rent or mortgages. Me and the wife plan to have paid off our mortgage within 7 years. But not everyone can do that (inheritance is the only reason we are in such a financially good position), so having something to increase the value of our money against inflation and a financial store, same as we have food and water, makes sense to me.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 December 2012, 10:41,
If everything goes boobies up and folk can't pay their rent. who is going to evict them? No money= no wage, no wage = no jobs, so no ballifs to steal your stuff, no one to evict you, No court houses up and running...nothing, we will all remain in our houses or bug out, Can't pay your land tax? who is going to take it off you? I suppose the government could if they needed it but IF, everyone who couldn't pay rent, tax ETC were to get evicted, they would have to move somewhere, and they won't care where, CIVIL war at the highest me thinks.
I just wonder if all this BUY GOLD, SILVER AND GRAIN is a way to get the economy better again? All hype maybe? I heard there is very little gold in the world, and I also wonder if there is as much Gold in the world as they say there is, I heard there is not an awful lot of it going about really.
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
5 December 2012, 10:48,
(5 December 2012, 10:41)Prepaday Wrote: If everything goes boobies up and folk can't pay their rent. who is going to evict them? No money= no wage, no wage = no jobs, so no ballifs to steal your stuff, no one to evict you, No court houses up and running...nothing, we will all remain in our houses or bug out, Can't pay your land tax? who is going to take it off you? I suppose the government could if they needed it but IF, everyone who couldn't pay rent, tax ETC were to get evicted, they would have to move somewhere, and they won't care where, CIVIL war at the highest me thinks.
I just wonder if all this BUY GOLD, SILVER AND GRAIN is a way to get the economy better again? All hype maybe? I heard there is very little gold in the world, and I also wonder if there is as much Gold in the world as they say there is, I heard there is not an awful lot of it going about really.
i agree PD, all this buy silver and gold is a load of Bollyhocks, i read it all the time in the American forums, who can afford to buy it anyway over and above normal expenses and preps, even if someone could afford to buy it and pay their rent or mortgage with it how do you make change?Big Grin chop a bit of it with a lump hammer?Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 December 2012, 10:57,
Fags, booze and hash will be worth more than gold I think. Here is a senario...I am someone sent from where ever to evict you from your property, I am a smoker but haven't been able to buy cigs for 2 days as there are none...I'm desperate, rattling, agitated, shaking and craving like hell, I go to your door try to turf you out, you offer me some barter stuff instead as you have no money, I will take a pack of 20 cigs from you and tell my boss some excuse to why I couldn't get you out, Maybe you had a big doggie or a gun or your house was all boarded up and secured and I couldn't gain access...There problem sorted for another few weeks, You could offer me a massive chunk of gold but I REALLY, REALLY need a cig...
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !