Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Britains debt time bomb
5 December 2012, 11:41, (This post was last modified: 5 December 2012, 12:13 by Scythe13.)
RE: Britains debt time bomb
(5 December 2012, 10:57)Prepaday Wrote: Fags, booze and hash will be worth more than gold I think. Here is a senario...I am someone sent from where ever to evict you from your property, I am a smoker but haven't been able to buy cigs for 2 days as there are none...I'm desperate, rattling, agitated, shaking and craving like hell, I go to your door try to turf you out, you offer me some barter stuff instead as you have no money, I will take a pack of 20 cigs from you and tell my boss some excuse to why I couldn't get you out, Maybe you had a big doggie or a gun or your house was all boarded up and secured and I couldn't gain access...There problem sorted for another few weeks, You could offer me a massive chunk of gold but I REALLY, REALLY need a cig...

Same scenario, I evict you, then reclaim your goods to pay what you owe, as a bailiff would do. I do my job, get paid, and get your cigarettes.
The sad fact, is that regardless of how bad the depression hits, it won't be the only depression ever (check history) and it won't be the last one either.

Money will still be coveted. People will still trade. There will still be an economy. It just so happens, that those unable to afford stuff will be screwed faster than those who are able to afford it.

The idea of silver is to have it increase in value, then sell it when you need the cash.....to pay bills, taxes, etc. You don't go "Alright mate, I know you're here to evict me and reclaim my goods, but I've got a load of silver........" It doesn't matter to the person kicking you out. They'll be paid, and will probably steal any extra they think they should have been paid. Sucks to be on the wrong side of the equation.

Money won't disappear (sorry BP, but you know it's true). Countries that go bankrupt, ALWAYS find a currency to work with. If money was that bad, would people use it right now? DAMN RIGHT THEY WOULD!!! And we all do. There is the odd labour transaction. But you can't walk into Asda and say to the manager, I'll reshingle your roof if you let me have 12 tins of beans, a dozen eggs, 3kg of sugar, etc....

Go look at Germany and how the East side collapsed. Look at how they recovered. Look at what's going on in Zimbabwe....starving billionaires (no joke, their currency is that highly inflated!!!). Just googled 'Starving Billionaires" and came across an article I read a little while back. Thought you might want to enjoy a quick read. http://goldsilver.com/article/a-lesson-f...lionaires/
ENJOY!!!

Oh, and by the way, even though the article talks about FIAT currency, guess what we're enjoying.........FIAT currency.

Want some more light reading?
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1354636888.php
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/gold-seen...3j5tQ.html
http://www.safehaven.com/article/27923/c...rticles%29
http://www.cmi-gold-silver.com/monetaryd...er-ounces/

The last one is for one simple reason......when the most successful investor EVER, who personally makes more money than MANY countries (yes his GDP is greater than around 15 countries) it's probably about time to pay attention to what he's doing. Before any of you start to hate on him, if he knows what to do, why should he be punished for it? It's like you being punished for storing food. If you think he should share all his wealth (please note, he has actually given it all to a research fund to cure disease) then why not share your wealth of food and the alike? You shouldn't be punished or victimised for storing your food up, and anyone doing so is a wolf in society. He shouldn't be victimised for knowing how money works, and anyone doing so is also a wolf of society.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Britains debt time bomb - by uks - 4 December 2012, 19:46
RE: Britains debt time bomb - by SealDriver - 4 December 2012, 19:52
RE: Britains debt time bomb - by NorthernRaider - 4 December 2012, 19:54
RE: Britains debt time bomb - by BDG - 4 December 2012, 20:37
RE: Britains debt time bomb - by uks - 4 December 2012, 20:01
RE: Britains debt time bomb - by SealDriver - 4 December 2012, 20:02
RE: Britains debt time bomb - by NorthernRaider - 4 December 2012, 20:04
RE: Britains debt time bomb - by SealDriver - 4 December 2012, 20:06
RE: Britains debt time bomb - by Houndlover - 5 December 2012, 23:48