0.25 litre
Other (Please Specify)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kilner Jars - What Size Do You Use
4 December 2012, 20:16,
Kilner Jars - What Size Do You Use
Might be a strange question, but what size kilner jars do you use, and what do you store in them?
4 December 2012, 20:21,
RE: Kilner Jars - What Size Do You Use
If they are the same as Mason jars with a wire catch to hold the lid on mine are 500 gram and 1 litre.

4 December 2012, 20:35,
Use all sizes for different things. I put dried herbs in the small jars to pickled eggs and onions in really large jars. Plus i also keep flour in the Kilner jars. Jams, marmlade, pickles, chutneys in the middle size jars it all depends what i have and how much ive made.
Failure is NOT an option
5 December 2012, 19:28,
I use mostly the two litres, but also one and three litres. I use the wire/glass tops for storing dried goods:- Rice, Pasta, Pulses..etc and the metal two part lids for jams, marmalades, mince meat mixes (for mince pies) and pickles.

The 1/2 litres I use for stock cubes and herbs/spices.Smile
5 December 2012, 21:49,
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at buying a load of them to put on the website. I don't use any at all at the moment, so don't really know what I'm up to. Fingers crossed I should be able to offer them cheaper than anyone else online.
5 December 2012, 22:10,
(5 December 2012, 21:49)BeardyMan Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at buying a load of them to put on the website. I don't use any at all at the moment, so don't really know what I'm up to. Fingers crossed I should be able to offer them cheaper than anyone else online.

hi
lot of firms sell them eg the bottle and jar company 6x1lit 32.00 retail lot cheaper wholesale we make jam to sell in our roadside stall and get people to bring us jars which we clean and reuse NOW ILEGAL but till we are stoped weve keep on
let me no if u find some
5 December 2012, 22:25, (This post was last modified: 5 December 2012, 23:10 by BeardyMan.)
Will do chap. At present I can do the 1ltr ones for £4.50 each, so 6 for £27. Not a great price.
I'm still working on being able to bring that down somewhat.

Some people just don't like to haggle any more!
£3.80 for the 1ltr ones? The clip top type, not the screw in jobbies.

Is that any good?
6 December 2012, 12:37,
Lets us know when you have them in stock and sizes.

Cheers
Failure is NOT an option
6 December 2012, 13:00,
Will do UKS - still trying to get them for a better price. The only way I can offer them at the price above is to order at least 96 at a time!
6 December 2012, 19:34,
Ikea do a large range of their own brand, German made, wire top bottles and jars. The 2 litre jars are £2 each....that takes some beating.Wink