Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances
2 November 2011, 18:27,
RE: Chances
(2 November 2011, 18:12)bigpaul Wrote: i never said, i didnt expect people to migrate from the cities i just dispute the numbers quoted

My post wasn't aimed at your comment Paul, just a general point.

As to how high the numbers will be we can only guess, but better to prepare for the worst (high numbers) and hope for the best (low numbers)
2 November 2011, 18:29,
i also think "pouring" out of the cities is an error, staggering out more like, just look at the old news films of refugees in Europe during WW2 , they walked or pushed trolleys or at best had a horse and cart, they didnt get anywhere fast(they also had no idea where to go-same as the modern sheeple), this is how it will be, most will die on the roads from hunger,exposure,hyperthermia, predation by raiders and arguements among themselves.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 November 2011, 18:35,
You may be right and you may be wrong, what you cant be is certain that it will unfold that way

Unless you have a crystal ball of course, in which case can you let me know the lottery numbers for Saturday please
2 November 2011, 18:42, (This post was last modified: 2 November 2011, 18:45 by bigpaul.)
(2 November 2011, 18:35)JD1 Wrote: You may be right and you may be wrong, what you cant be is certain that it will unfold that way

Unless you have a crystal ball of course, in which case can you let me know the lottery numbers for Saturday please

i can make an educated guess, based on what i know of living in rural areas, and what i have learned as a prepper from others who have been doing it longer than me.Angel as for the winning lottery numbers, i'm keeping them for myself!Tongue
OH is the one with the crystal ball!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 November 2011, 18:48,
Damn, though knowing my luck I would be paid out in Euros's just as it collapses anyway
2 November 2011, 18:53,
yep, a slice of that 10Million quid wouldnt go amiss here either, i'm not greedy, i dont mind sharing with 9 other people!Angel
2 November 2011, 19:04,
I get the feeling that most of the sheeple will die in the cities and towns in which they live, I think it was pointed out earlier that they will have no bug out plan. and if they do leave the cities you can bet it will be to head to another city or town to find their relatives.
the ones that don't die in the cities and towns wil die on the roads, stuck on gridlocked motorways or the victims of car jackings by those who have run out of fuel already.
That's why I intend to bug in if I get caught out by a sudden event, and bug out if I have the time to get away.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

2 November 2011, 20:01,
I agree with you, most will.

The problem is that with 70 odd million in the country, even if 69million died in the cities there would still be a million wandering around

The point i'm making is that no matter what we think/hope/want/dread happening, we need to prepare for the worst that might happen, if not we are behaving just like the sheep we critisize and not preparing properly
2 November 2011, 21:47,
(2 November 2011, 20:01)JD1 Wrote: I agree with you, most will.

The problem is that with 70 odd million in the country, even if 69million died in the cities there would still be a million wandering around

The point i'm making is that no matter what we think/hope/want/dread happening, we need to prepare for the worst that might happen, if not we are behaving just like the sheep we critisize and not preparing properly

You cant always prepare for the worst, but you can at least prep for what mite hapen. Sometime you just have to take chances that the worst wont hapen.

Dont make you a sheeple if you dont prep for an asterroid hitt.

2 November 2011, 23:29,
I expect some of the 2012 lot would call you a sheep if you weren't preparing for an asteroid or two Rolleyes

My comment on preparing for the worst was in regard to people coming out of the cities and spreading into rural areas and was reiterating the point I made earlier which was "hope for the best but expect the worse".

I'm pointing out that no one can say for certain how many people will move from cities to rural areas, it all depends on what kind of event and aftermath, and to assume that it would be very few people could be an extremely dangerous assumption.

I live in a rural area, miles away from a city, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss the risk of a few hundred refugees and/or raiders turning up on my doorstep. To dismiss that risk would be foolish imo, and it is making an assumption in just the same way the "sheep" assume the government will look after them

Of course YMMV