Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
April Meet?
6 December 2012, 21:14,
RE: April Meet?
Well spotted I-K-E.

This isn't the kind of meet for people who aren't prepared to get to know "strangers".

Sorry.
6 December 2012, 21:17,
(6 December 2012, 20:10)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 20:04)Mandlaka Wrote: Now to start bugging my mate to drive me up there.
The trains are too expensive...

Seriously Mandy the location is an absolute bastard to get to even for car drivers ( thats why I like it) But by bus of train you have to get to Leeds, then pray for a train to Harrowgate, then a bus to Pately Bridge then a mini bus to Howstean. Its a major expedition and generally its to much for most folks from the SE to do, perhaps the WG in the west country may be more convenient?

I hear you, NR. That sounds a real journey.
But what is the WG? I am kinda mixed up. Still drowsy with the flu meds I am now on...Sad

Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
6 December 2012, 21:20,
I'm sure there will be the possibility of car sharing. I'll be heading up from the south coast, will be able to fit one person in - but I'll happily come and collect people from the nearest public transport place.

Thanks for the link NR, I'll have a look and see if I can get hold of them in the morning
6 December 2012, 23:58,
This sounds fun, I've not had a great deal of time for camping for the past few years it would be good to get some practise in. If I'm driving by then ill definitely be in, if not then depending on the location it could still be do-able...

Providing the OH gives me permission that is Sad

“When an empire fears for its survival, its prime has passed.”
7 December 2012, 00:21,
I'm interested but think I would be on my own. Husband MIGHT come but I suspect not. I'm not worried about meeting up with other preppers I don't know IRL I think even if there were somebody dodgy there would be enough who were not for me to feel comfortable. Whether my husband would feel the same way I don't know. But my concern is that I am such a beginner. I can only just put up a tent and am about as fit as John Prescott. I would love to meet up in a more informal atmosphere first if that were possible?
7 December 2012, 00:27,
(7 December 2012, 00:21)Ferret Wrote: I'm interested but think I would be on my own. Husband MIGHT come but I suspect not. I'm not worried about meeting up with other preppers I don't know IRL I think even if there were somebody dodgy there would be enough who were not for me to feel comfortable. Whether my husband would feel the same way I don't know. But my concern is that I am such a beginner. I can only just put up a tent and am about as fit as John Prescott. I would love to meet up in a more informal atmosphere first if that were possible?

Hi Ferret.

You wouldn't be the only female there as my wife is coming. I'm bringing our little boy too, as he'll be 2 by then.
It's not going to be a full on preppers only meeting, all are welcome Smile

If a few of you would like an informal meeting first then there's plenty of time - why not organise a meeting up your way with others who would like to do this? Being on the South coast I'll probably not be able to attend until this meet in April unfortunately.

7 December 2012, 00:34,
Thank you Beardy Man - I am smiling as I type because I know everyone here is so friendly. But I think I would be such a baby compared to everyone else that the chance to meet a few others beforehand might give me some confidence.

I know that there are quite a few of us northerners up here. Anyone willing to meet up for even a coffee so that I don't feel so stupid if I can make it in April?
7 December 2012, 00:35,
Ooh I could bring the little'un with me too, I think he might like that. And I'd be up for an informal meet up around the south coast somewhere...

7 December 2012, 00:44,
(7 December 2012, 00:35)Sichr20 Wrote: Ooh I could bring the little'un with me too, I think he might like that. And I'd be up for an informal meet up around the south coast somewhere...

What part of the South coast Sir? You can find me around the Winchester area.
7 December 2012, 01:22,
Well I'm based in berks at the moment, in reading. We're looking at moving in the new year and the missus wants to head down Devon way though