Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The naughty tesco post got me exploring.
8 December 2012, 17:54, (This post was last modified: 8 December 2012, 17:55 by Houndlover.)
RE: The naughty tesco post got me exploring.
(8 December 2012, 11:11)SealDriver Wrote:
(8 December 2012, 08:26)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I would love to shop only with local suppliers & independent shops but

(1) Tesco is literally a 3 minute drive away.

And

(2) If tesco want £1 for something & the independent shop wants £1.50, over the course of a month (roughly £250 to £300 on food shopping), its quite a saving I make.

To me it's like when people tell me I should only eat organic food. I would love to but sadly the cost stops me. I do grow some of my own food using my own compost & grow as organically as possible. If people haven't done so already, home grown spuds make the best chips I have ever tasted.

I used supply my local butcher with venison at £1 per pound, he would sell it for £8 per pound, so I now keep it for myself. Everyone local and independant I know drives a bigger car and owns a better house than me, so I owe them nothing, I owe it to my family and myself to provide what I can at the best price, that's a shame I know, but I can't afford to do anything else.Sad

In wartime Stalingrad they ate horses and dogs and even at the end turned to eating the dead. Survival is a dirty business.Wink
I agree sd I happily sold any excess rabbits to a local butcher for. Pound each not much but was a bit extra to go towards the dogs funds untill I found he was selling them for a fiver each!! Now I'm no mug my dogs worked hard to catch them and I wasn't letting them go lightly so now they stay in my freezer and get used as and when shame really but it's a cut throat world out there these days and gone are the days where folks are willing to help anyone out!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The naughty tesco post got me exploring. - by Houndlover - 8 December 2012, 17:54