Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preps you can make with little or no cash outlay.
6 December 2012, 21:15,
Preps you can make with little or no cash outlay.
Hi all I want to get everybody brainstorming on the preps you can do now with little cash or free the very simple one I done today was strengthen some of my bug out gear rucksack, trousers with some needle and thread, a long job but well worth it now I KNOW my gear will not let me down last thing I want is something bursting when I need it most.
7 December 2012, 00:15,
RE: Preps you can make with little or no cash outlay.
invest in a book called " food for free " on amazon
7 December 2012, 00:38,
If you are interested in foraging John Wright's books are among the best.
7 December 2012, 10:07,
have a look on line at new skills to develop or test out any kit that you have already got

read up on navigation, fire starting, food preserving etc then have a go at it

or review your stocks and kit and make a note of anything that needs replacing or missing

7 December 2012, 12:48, (This post was last modified: 7 December 2012, 12:49 by Scythe13.)
Youtube vids are a good place to learn.

Experience costs nothing but time.

I've seen a guy forge in the wilderness, using a small piece of railway sleeper as an anvil. Super cool idea! It's a cheap outlay, but can provide loads of experience!

You can make your own knives pretty cheaply from old lawnmower blades, files, and things like that.

Check local adds or even local tip's for gear you can get cheaply or for free. Should be easy to get hunking pieces of metal or the alike, pretty cheap. Broken lawnmower......take the blade off. Or even Freebay or Freecycle, to get decent preps off there.

You can download books from loads of websites. Anarchist's cookbook, jollyroger cookbook were staples for my teenage years. Napalm was a favourite toy.

Or, dare I say it......get out and enjoy a bit of running.
you could start making charcoal if you wanted.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 December 2012, 18:49,
XC cycle up to 10 miles per day with 25kg sandbags(for ongoing self-build bunker)or 36 litres water in 4 x 5 litre flagons plus 8 x2 litre bottles.All carried in generic 80 litre DPM backpack.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
7 December 2012, 18:57,
Loads of very very cheap second hand books on Amazon...I have picked up a few for just 1 pence each.Wink

Plastic food grade tubs are thrown away by commercial kitchens and food shops, why not ask if you can have them when they have finished with them?Undecided
8 December 2012, 12:17,
(7 December 2012, 18:49)ObongoPox Wrote: XC cycle up to 10 miles per day with 25kg sandbags(for ongoing self-build bunker)or 36 litres water in 4 x 5 litre flagons plus 8 x2 litre bottles.All carried in generic 80 litre DPM backpack.

Bet that's a subtle sight haha.

Good on you though!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin