Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has A Berkefeld?
30 August 2013, 15:51,
RE: Who Has A Berkefeld?
(30 August 2013, 12:55)Midnitemo Wrote: Am i right in thinking the version with 4 candles just filters the water at double the speed and will filter approx double the quantity off water in total given the same average initial water quality , so if i fitted the filter with just one candle and blanked of the other 3 positions the water would be the same quality but justfilter/flow much slower?

Yep, that's what I'm doing and it is easily keeping pace with my water needs. We have not yet run dry, and our refilling regime is casual to say the least.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 September 2013, 17:37,
Just want to say a big "THANK YOU!" to all those people who suggested & encouraged the Berkefeld.

Great water filter system and probably wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't seen this thread. Had a lot in the way of puritabs etc but this is sooooo much better. Even the missus likes the way it gives her a better coffee taste and trust me she is very fussy! Tongue

The initial layout may seem high but it's actually extremely cheap when you work out that you get good clean safe water for years and years for you and your family.

Nice one! [Image: thumbsup.gif]
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
8 September 2013, 23:00,
Awesome, just recieved 8 filter candles through the post today, will be uploading a photo project of assembling a DIY berkey soon.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
9 September 2013, 18:13,
I do now Big Grin but it came with all the wingnuts washers and tap missingSad ......is this normal?
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 September 2013, 19:02,
(9 September 2013, 18:13)Midnitemo Wrote: I do now Big Grin but it came with all the wingnuts washers and tap missingSad ......is this normal?

If its a stainless steel one, mine came with plastic tap, foam sealing washers for tap plus plastic nuts and washers to seal and secire the ceramic elements in the cartons with the elements.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 September 2013, 19:09, (This post was last modified: 9 September 2013, 19:10 by Midnitemo.)
(9 September 2013, 19:02)Lightspeed Wrote:
(9 September 2013, 18:13)Midnitemo Wrote: I do now Big Grin but it came with all the wingnuts washers and tap missingSad ......is this normal?

If its a stainless steel one, mine came with plastic tap, foam sealing washers for tap plus plastic nuts and washers to seal and secire the ceramic elements in the cartons with the elements.

tis a stainless steel one , rang the shop and they said assorted bits and bobs should be in a bag onder the cardboard wings of the candle packaging....they weren't...awaiting remedial phone call from shopSad

(9 September 2013, 19:09)Midnitemo Wrote:

tis a stainless steel one , rang the shop and they said assorted bits and bobs should be in a bag onder the cardboard wings of the candle packaging....they weren't...awaiting remedial phone call from shopSad

that'll teach me not to buy from hippies lol
9 September 2013, 19:19,

that'll teach me not to buy from hippies lol

hope they suppply the bits that should have been there in the first place.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 September 2013, 12:33,
Missing bits are in the post winging there way to me right now...hippies you are forgiven and you were the cheapest Smile
10 September 2013, 12:40,
(11 August 2013, 20:55)Lightspeed Wrote: I understood that the Berkefelds use Dalton ceramic filters as OEM but that the black candles made for the Berky brand water filter will aslo fit.

Did I get that right????????????????????????????????????

Yup, the black elements will fit the Berkfelds.
Then you can hang the fluoride filters on the bottom if you so wish.
10 September 2013, 14:20,
Thanks BM, I thought that was correct.

Here I'm keeping it simple by using the normal ceramic filters with activated carbon innards. So far so good and no problems with the unit at all.

A heads up to anyone else looking to purchase, the Avonsoft company the Northern Raider pointed us at is really top notch. I needed extra bungs to close off several element housings that I do not need to use on a day to day basis, so contacted them asking for advice and costs. Immediate response was to supply the bungs I needed as a free of charge goodwill gesture. So hats off to Avon Soft. Great prices, fast delivery and extra good after sales service :-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580