Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Has Facebook Had its Day?
9 December 2012, 13:15,
Has Facebook Had its Day?
I like I imagine many of the members of SUK, have a Facebook account, yet I am finding it increasingly frustrating to use and even to keep in touch with friends. It seems now to be no more than a place where you are spied upon and force fed advertisements and pointless surveys.

I now find myself having to contact my friends and try to arrange to keep in touch via other websites and internet forums.....I certainly feel that I have 'danced with the Devil' and it's going to be a total pain in the arse to extract myself from the Facebook Empire!
9 December 2012, 13:18,
RE: Has Facebook Had its Day?
Since it launched on the stock market, I've noticed a hell of a lot of adverts. Every other story is a "sponsored story" or a "your friend likes this" advert.

It's getting bloody annoying. I certainly go on it less now.
9 December 2012, 13:23,
I found it handy to find people with similar interests and views on a worldwide scale, I even found 'Prepping' through Facebook, yet today the greed of Facebook stands in direct opposition/contrast to what the world is really like and what its citizens think and care about...what a wasted opportunity...money and power win through again!
9 December 2012, 13:27,
A few months ago I stopped using FB,.. untill I was told that I could stop most of these adverts and silly games etc,...I was also very strict with `my friends`, only adding family and real friends,,....so I am back on there, but its not a favourte place to be
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 December 2012, 13:31,
I have invited a handful of FB friends to take a look at this forum, but I imagine that I will be pulling the plug on FB very soon. I think that most of what I want is catered for on SUK, although there is a distinct lack of scantily clad ladies holding assault rifles!
9 December 2012, 13:52,
I don't have facebook. I have real friends, that I meet up with, hang out with, and talk to....face to face. If/when they need/want me, they can pick up the phone or email me.

I think facebook is just an email account for the world to read, where you can upload photos and make yourself look like a neanderthal trying to use a camera.

Never have, and never will, understand facebook, even though the wife uses it.....I refuse to.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 December 2012, 14:03,
Facebook is the epitome of bad opsec, they keep altering settings, hogging private details, sharing stuff with advertisers, linking your page wth other services etc, many preppers scrapped their membership fully years ago ( its fiddly and takes two weeks to see everything you posted gets deleted, if you just close your acct everything is retained by Zuckerberg etc) A few folks set up completely ficticous accounts so they can still see what friends are doing. I closed mine down as its an uneccessary risk.

9 December 2012, 14:17,
I don't use FB anything you put on there then becomes the property of FB and for me that's just not on.Tongue
9 December 2012, 14:21,
i came off FB some time ago as i just got bored with it,( just pathetic sheeple with their boring little lives use it), luckily just before they altered the privacy settings.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2012, 14:29,
Only set up fb in august, got everything on private settings and only got a handful of friends on there.