Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canning
11 December 2012, 03:13,
Canning
Hi, I'm new here. I was chatting a little with Housecarl Labs about canning on his Fb page, and I recently came across this website that looks pretty good. Just a word, I can't vouch for the infomation, I haven't attempted canning yet.
http://oldfashionedfamilies.com/preparin...ng-season/

Also, a blog I follow of a sheep farmer in Missouri, USA has quite a bit of info on putting up the harvest, but it reads more in story form, not organized for instruction.
http://www.farmgirlfare.com/

Pleasure to make everyone's acquaintence!
Aili
11 December 2012, 05:29,
RE: Canning
Good morning, Lady, and you are indeed most welcome to this forum.
Thank you for sharing these two pages. I will very likely learn something from at least one of them.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
11 December 2012, 07:08,
hello and welcome to the forum
11 December 2012, 07:20,
Hi Aili,

Housecarl = SealDriver on Survival UK Forums.....I'm very glad to see you here my friend and thank you for the links.

As I mentioned to you on FB 'Canning' is something that we don't do much of in the UK and I think that this comes down to cost. Like most things anything imported from the States is rather expensive due to import taxes which is a great shame because when I have been to America I found everything to be very cheap!

Cabelas is my favourite store in the whole world!!!!Big Grin

Anyway I think that we would all be very interested in learning a great deal more about canning, especially about canning safely, everyone always asks me the same thing 'but what about botulism'?Confused

Welcome Aili to this very British Survivalist/Prepper website. In the UK we have some very different ideas about the threats to the world, but we are also always glad to learn from our American Cousins.Smile

11 December 2012, 09:29,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 December 2012, 17:49,
Hello and Welcome. I'm sure you have lots of information you can share.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 December 2012, 18:11,
welcome from londonistan
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
11 December 2012, 18:12,
mornin from sunny old dorset Smile
11 December 2012, 21:55,
Welcome from the Scottish Highlands.

The problem is indeed cost,... for a start of trying to get a canning machine in this country is like looking for elephants eggs,..... then for some its the storage, you cant store more than one high.

We would love to have a go, but I think for us at leasts, its too much trouble
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 December 2012, 23:29,
Yes it does seem extremely unfair that canners are so cheap in the States, but here in the UK you are looking at about £150 for a half decent one if you can find one at all.Undecided