• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mayan Apocalypse came from magic mushroom trip
11 December 2012, 07:18,
Mayan Apocalypse came from magic mushroom trip
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/mayan-apocalyps...52054.html

11 December 2012, 10:21,
RE: Mayan Apocalypse came from magic mushroom trip
I don't get it.

How can the Mayan calendar and some guy from the 1970's and 1980's get mixed up?

I think nothing's going to happen.

My favourite part is where he says that apocalypse predictions are all made in the predictors lifetime, which makes them more significant. HAHA damn right. Some people are just living for an EOTWAWKI event!!! Poor lonely manatees.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 December 2012, 10:33,
i think it happened in the way that Scientology took off, some guy read a book with a gain of truth and manipulated it to his own ends, the 2012 prediction fitted someones agenda and used it
11 December 2012, 10:45,
(11 December 2012, 10:33)Tigs Wrote: i think it happened in the way that Scientology took off, some guy read a book with a gain of truth and manipulated it to his own ends, the 2012 prediction fitted someones agenda and used it

That's what I figured, but couldn't work out how it's become so popularised.

Dianetics (I think that's how it's spelt) is the foundation of Scientology, and one of the opening lines in the original book is "If you want to become a millionaire over night, create a religion." Haha, crazy hu?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 December 2012, 10:49,
Chinese whispers , it gets posted on one conspiracy theories forum its then reposted on another and an other then a survival forum picks it up then a newspaper prints it as fact with out checking followed by a tv channel and there you have it its all true !