Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARE YOU READY
12 December 2012, 18:32,
ARE YOU READY
ConfusedHi Folks, as some of you know I have only been prepping for around 3 months now but reckon I am at the stage where I am almost ready for anything, I think, even the crazy scenarios like zombies and stuff and was wondering are any of you guys in the position where you are sorted and now just happy to sit back and see what comes in the future.
12 December 2012, 18:42,
RE: ARE YOU READY
I've been there for a while I think.
You get to a certain level, which incidentally may be way different than another preppers plans, stores etc...
It's what suits you, what makes you feel safe and comfortable.

You may have tons of kit, i.e. spare boots, ex military combat kit etc...
or like me you may not.

I'm a very restricted budget prepper so I've not got money for wood burning stove installation in my house nor do I have a garage to store vast amounts of gear and am restricted to a small room.

I am however at some point going to convert a found gas bottle to a small wood burning stove at fraction of the price.

No its not the same as an aga wood burner stove but thats what Ive got.

And my bug out vehicle is the family car... would I like a discovery ... yes but I cant afford the insurance or road tax anyway.

Knowledge is the key to survival, the more you know the less kit you need.

But thats just my opinion.

I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
12 December 2012, 18:53,
For what its worth I think your spot on Prepper 1, you can have all the gear in the world but if you have no knowledge or a weak mindset then its pretty much worthless.
12 December 2012, 18:57,
Bring it on
Failure is NOT an option
12 December 2012, 19:05,
I'm very comfortable with the stage I'm at. I'm now adding the more obscure stuff and, I can't controlmyself, I also add non-perishables to my food stores.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 December 2012, 19:23,
i can quite happily say that in about 2 months i should have everything ill need to survive most scenarios Smile

just lookin through me house it's surprising how man things i already have but never realised, looking at things with a preppers eyes makes a hell of a difference!...i could confidently walk out into the countryside right now and survive for a long time

but none of that makes much of a difference, i am a long long way from where i would like to be and i will be for a while, i can see myself buying things for the next 20 years lol
12 December 2012, 19:31,
I am not sure if any of us will ever be quite ready, there will always be things to do, new ideas keep popping up, a change here a change there, even rotation food from time to time, you may find a better BOL and find your plans become completly different
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 December 2012, 20:02,
very much like SD ...but there,s always stuff to do....trading up...as and when, i am set just about...but for all of you that are finding things tuff and on low budget,s don,t loose heart you will get there....at least you have the brains to look after you and yours ...no matter what stage your at ...and when tshtf you will be better placed than most.....with all their money and useless material shit.....take a look at the downloads on here....you are already miles in front
12 December 2012, 20:30,
Chance favours the prepared mind as the brilliant Bruce Lee once said but I think he got it from Gandy.
12 December 2012, 20:35,
tbh i think we're all ready for an event, even if we're not entirely prepared.

most of us can get by on nothing but common sense and a reasonable level of fitness Smile