Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American school shootings
17 December 2012, 09:40,
RE: American school shootings
In the novel 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' by Lionel Shriver,a school spree-killing is carried out using a crossbow.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
17 December 2012, 09:49,
All the while people who do this kind of thing get what they seek - notoriety - this will continue. Until the media stop the shameful reporting, time, and infamy they give to such idiots, this will continue. It is not the availability of guns, or divorced parents or a lonely childhood that causes these things.

It is the promise of fame, recognition and the world finding out who you are. This is what they seek and the media are to blame fullstop.
17 December 2012, 10:23,
I think your quite right with that bdg, we have an "I want to be famous" culture at the minute here and in the u.s.
that does not help at all, along with the press intervention.

Still, I think there may be more to this than meets the eye.

The press seem to be making a big deal about his mum being a prepper...why?

Theres reports of another person being arrested nearby dressed in camo.
which the press seem to be ignoring...why?

Obamas going to use this as a reason to go after the second amendment...

Still, as I said before no matter the where, why and how, its the poor children and their families our thoughts should be with at this time.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
17 December 2012, 11:14, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2012, 13:34 by Skean Dhude.)
Deleted by SD.

I don't like these threads anyway so lets keep it at least respectful.
17 December 2012, 11:28,
Think mental illness is the issue we need to look at not guns
17 December 2012, 11:46,
BDG,

A friend of mine wrote a paper on that. Her conclusion was if the media roperted they were all losers with small willies and the world was a better place without them because they smelled and spent the time on the victims there would be a lot less of this.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 December 2012, 13:17, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2012, 13:33 by Skean Dhude.)
Deleted by SD as above.
17 December 2012, 13:22,
(17 December 2012, 11:28)Hexyprep Wrote: Think mental illness is the issue we need to look at not guns

EXACTLY! he should not have had access to these guns, his mother was the licenced one not him, how did he get the gun to shoot her in the first place if they were in a locked cabinet.....or maybe not??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 December 2012, 14:12,
(17 December 2012, 04:54)Mortblanc Wrote: Everyone over here knew the first incident after the election would be the bell to start the gun grab. This is a shock to only a few fools that still had faith in our constitution being an effective protection of our rights with this man in office. We have elected the first American dictator.

There is a logistics problem due to the numbers of firearms in our nation. In my state we have a population of 4 million and that 4 million people have purchased more than 2 million firearms in the past 5 years. That does not count all that were owned previously. There are 50 states, some are heavily armed and some more lightly but the estimation is that there is a firearm present for each of our 360,000,000 citizens.

That means that there must be a process that will allow gradual disarming that will not overwhelm the government systems.

First will be complete registration of everything. That will allow them to call everything in at their leisure and insure they get everything.

There will be a motorium on production of simiauto weapons and all hi-capacity magazines.

Banning ownership of all simiauto weapons and all handguns will follow closely as other incidents give cause for knee-jerk politics.

After that they will selectively eleminate catagories of firearms as they choose and at their leisure untill we are left with 12lb air rifles as our primary tools.

We know the drill. We have seen it in your nation and others that have gone through the process.

A large number of blowhards over here hold too a "pry it out of my cold dead hands" attitude but they have never seen a combat team at their door. Dieing is not surviving and talk is cheap. A few will try it and be crushed as a lesson to others. Our receint history is that the government will not hesitate to burn you house with you in it to get your guns.

Most of our citizens will turn them in volluntarily, just like your population did. We have developed a gutless population over here and our last election showed it.

At least this is my educated perdiction.

I've been thinking about the mechanics of this regarding US gun owners. Once full scale registration is mandatory, any failure to register will mean a visit off a fully armed response team, and I'm sure many people will cave in at this point. But given the amount of numbers of gun owners who see their constitutional rights under fire, I dread to think how many of them will form citizen groups to oppose enforced seizure. I have a good friend who lives in Nevada, and I honestly think you will see major government opposition, and worryingly armed resistance turning to armed demands for cessation from states like NEVADA, TEXAS, ARIZONA etc as the only way to protect their Constitution. I pray it doesn't because a Civil war is the least civil of all.
17 December 2012, 15:12,
Thank you for your post Mortblanc. Do you think that the numbers in the militia will swell? And will they challenge the attempt to take the guns away? Do you also think that the Republicans will allow the Democrats to pass such a law? Do the American people consider that their troops have killed many children in both Iraq and Afghanistan who were also innocent children. I am very sorry that these young children have died but there are stupid people everywhere. We cannot rule out the fact that some people have brainstorms triggered by oftentimes by things we consider as trivialities. Kenneth Eames.