Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitness
16 December 2012, 19:45,
Fitness
Just though ile say that you dont have to go to the gym and pump weights, general day to day tasks count, walking or cycling to work ect, take up hobbies like climbing, swimming, mountain walking (all slightly more relevent to preppers to be able to do these things) and maybe you have gardens, get out and start planting produce all year round and maintain it, all good exercise and its productive
Not all thoses who wander are lost- J.R.R. Tolkien
16 December 2012, 19:47,
RE: Fitness
I own three German Shepherds,.. they exercise me plenty...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 December 2012, 10:28,
(16 December 2012, 19:45)Dayne Wrote: Just though ile say that you dont have to go to the gym and pump weights, general day to day tasks count, walking or cycling to work ect, take up hobbies like climbing, swimming, mountain walking (all slightly more relevent to preppers to be able to do these things) and maybe you have gardens, get out and start planting produce all year round and maintain it, all good exercise and its productive

I agree with this. For me, those things would be considered a leisure activity, but they can add towards fitness.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 October 2016, 07:50,
Thank You!
4 October 2016, 16:21,
if i cant get to the gym I have a 16kg kettle bell to play with in the garage. (although it doesnt get used nearly as much as Id like to have).
4 October 2016, 18:57,
"although it doesnt get used nearly as much as Id like to have" - Carnebwen

That just means you're able to get to the gym more often than not! haha. I get what you mean though. It's a prep really, having a little extra gym gear at home. I gave my 16kg to my brother in law and have a small set of weights (max total weight is 80kg) plus a 24kg kettle bell. I wish I had kept the 16, then got a 20 as well. The 24 is too big if you're got "belled" for a while.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 February 2024, 08:50,
I consider my physical fitness, to be as much a part of prep as a larder full of food.
I personally try to keep myself as healthy as I can and of a healthy weight.
Walking, exercising, eating fresh non processed foods, all add to our overall health and fitness.
27 February 2024, 09:30,
(27 February 2024, 08:50)Petertherabbit Wrote: I consider my physical fitness, to be as much a part of prep as a larder full of food.
I personally try to keep myself as healthy as I can and of a healthy weight.
Walking, exercising, eating fresh non processed foods, all add to our overall health and fitness.

totally agree with all the above.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 February 2024, 11:02,
I was a bodybuilder for years but unfortunately age and injury have crept up on me ,I now walk weather permitting regularly and do a light set of weights every 4 days...
I find life without a endorphin kick hard to live.
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 February 2024, 12:29,
(27 February 2024, 11:02)Sunna Wrote: I was a bodybuilder for years but unfortunately age and injury have crept up on me ,I now walk weather permitting regularly and do a light set of weights every 4 days...
I find life without a endorphin kick hard to live.
that could be a problem post SHTF, an endorphin kick is an addiction I have known people like that.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.