Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khukuri Lessons
18 December 2012, 12:03,
Khukuri Lessons
Guys, has anyone purchased and imported a Khukuri directly from Nepal?

I'm thinking of adding a Khukuri to my tool collection after reading some great reviews about it as tool but don't want to get one from a UK based "dealer" as I want a genuinely "hand made" item, not a mass produced, machine stamped one......

MA
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
18 December 2012, 12:21, (This post was last modified: 18 December 2012, 12:24 by Tartar Horde.)
RE: Khukuri Lessons
Yeah you can get a genuine one from Nepal (Khukri house) I will sort the link out

This company has been supplying the Gurkhas since 1939, great range of blades, genuine article. They post world wide, good site with lots of info and a bit on use etc

http://www.khukurihouseonline.com/
18 December 2012, 13:13,
Khukuri house are the best to get these from. As TH has stated they are definitely the genuine articles and not the trash copy blades you get from Pakistan.

I have ordered a 15 inch bladed one but due to the postal clog am still waiting for it to arrive...

I will order more in the new year and then get some smaller ones as well to have the flexibility I may need from them. Prepping for up to 6 folks so we would all have one - at least that is the plan...

As to lessons on fighting with them all I could do was order Dwight McLemore's book from Amazon. came this morning.
If anyone knows of lessons on offer anywhere I would appreciate being made aware of them.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
18 December 2012, 13:23,
Thanks guys, I have seen this one and since it has had personal recommendations is bubbling to the top.....

What about Duty, VAT and other government clap-trap "cost"? just so I can budget for it.

atb
MA
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
18 December 2012, 13:27,
Vey nice site.I'll order stuff in the new year.

Like the books but a bit pricy for me. I also got to laugh how the DRM protected and soft version costs more than many books. They are making a big marketing mistake there but it suits me.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 December 2012, 13:29,
nice find dude , but will stick with my british army one
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
18 December 2012, 15:16,
I see they will make a custom blade to your specs for size weight and so on don't know what the cost is though you need to contact them for that.Idea
18 December 2012, 15:44,
I've been testing a khukuri for Beardy, and it's awesome. Not sure how many he's going to be getting in or when, but the one I tried.....very impressed.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 December 2012, 15:48,
I'm going to pester Beardy...Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
18 December 2012, 16:21, (This post was last modified: 18 December 2012, 16:27 by Tartar Horde.)
I'm putting my order in new year, I just can't decide yet on the exact model I want, decisions decisions eh

mandlaka makes a good point about fake khukuri, there are some sites from UK that advertise genuine Khukuri etc, be very wary of these as they are made of very bad steel and will not hold up to the sort of uses a real khukuri can. I'm talking about the snapping of Tangs and blade breakages
Caveat Emptor -let the buyer beware