Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surviving a riot
18 December 2012, 23:33,
Surviving a riot
I dont know how I came to be reading this, but glad I was, after watching the riots on the telly a few months back I rememer thing about what I might do if caught up in something like that.

Well this site has some great information,... who would have thought that breathing through a lemon soaked cloth would help your breathing,..or that gas behind contact lenses gives a greater level of pain

http://www.wikihow.com/Survive-a-Riot
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 December 2012, 00:08,
RE: Surviving a riot
If you're caught in a big surging crowd and find yourself on the floor, instead of trying to get up normally (you'll just get trampled on) you should be looking to pull people down and use them to climb up an get back on your feet. Works well in the simulations we used to do. Bit ruthless, but who wants to get trampled to death
19 December 2012, 00:27,
I used to do riot training with the police as a rioter, and I would say the fastest safest way to get out of there is to walk towards the police line with you coat open and your hands out in front you you, - they may let you through, but more likely offer no resistance when they drag you down and plasti cuff you and remain calm. You will be taken to staging area, answer all questions and explain how you came to be where you were.

If however, you wish to remain amongst the mob, I used to go to riot training in hiking boots, jeans, T Shirt, Pull over, denim jacket and biker jacket on top of that.

The biker jacket on top of the leather jacket offered a bit of protection should I get bashed with a shield, have a roll on the floor with a cop / get dragged over or through something.

The advice in the article made me laugh where it said where a motor bike helmet to protect you from flying brick - I have seen a police riot helmet break open after getting one of the wooden blocks were were given to throw smashed off it.

The biggest worry really is being attacked by rioters. Go and hide in a book shop or library, they would not know what they are for and so stay away from them.
19 December 2012, 12:15,
(19 December 2012, 00:27)BDG Wrote: The biggest worry really is being attacked by rioters. Go and hide in a book shop or library, they would not know what they are for and so stay away from them.

Now THATS funny......TongueTongueTongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
19 December 2012, 12:25,
i think the best idea would be to stay away from any hotspot where you KNOW, from reading the news, online, or word of mouth, that there will be "trouble", and secondly if you come across a riot by accident, immediately turn around and walk the other way! i believe the "newspaper seller" who was killed in the riots last year made the mistake of trying to get THROUGH the riot past the Police lines, INSTEAD of finding an alternative route! what is it we always say about Bugging Out? always have several routes out of the area in case one or more of your routes is "compromised"-same applies here!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.