Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"living in a van"
19 December 2012, 15:51,
"living in a van"
http://destinysurvival.com/2012/12/18/li...liking-it/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 December 2012, 16:26,
RE: "living in a van"
yeah nice could do that if need to ,good find BP
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 December 2012, 16:30,
(19 December 2012, 16:26)Barneyboy Wrote: yeah nice could do that if need to ,good find BP

i know people who live in vans all year round, could take a few lessons from them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 December 2012, 16:57,
We went to Hamble Point a couple of weekends ago to sit and have a brew. There were 3 big vans in the car park, all live aboards. All 3 had woodburners puffing away, the owners were all sat in one van having a smoke. I wanted to go and have a chat but they didn't really look too welcoming. Probably get a lot of agro I presume? These were evidently new age travelers. Really nice trucks. An old Mercedes 719, a converted horse box and a Volvo. The missus would be quite happy to live in one permanently, but having the little one we need more room than one of those affords.

On a side note, I found out that you can drive an actual lorry on a normal driving license (handy for those of us under 40 so requiring another test to be taken) - you need to change the V5 over to "motorhome / motorcaravan" then you're good to go!
19 December 2012, 17:20,
i would love to have a go..... but i think wifey would leave......if i fitted a rayburn in there i wonder if that would swing it for me ???????
19 December 2012, 17:50,
(19 December 2012, 16:57)BeardyMan Wrote: We went to Hamble Point a couple of weekends ago to sit and have a brew. There were 3 big vans in the car park, all live aboards. All 3 had woodburners puffing away, the owners were all sat in one van having a smoke. I wanted to go and have a chat but they didn't really look too welcoming. Probably get a lot of agro I presume? These were evidently new age travelers. Really nice trucks. An old Mercedes 719, a converted horse box and a Volvo. The missus would be quite happy to live in one permanently, but having the little one we need more room than one of those affords.

On a side note, I found out that you can drive an actual lorry on a normal driving license (handy for those of us under 40 so requiring another test to be taken) - you need to change the V5 over to "motorhome / motorcaravan" then you're good to go!
never go on looks my friend, you should have taken the chance to say hello-you would be surprised at the result, if they dont want your company they will soon let you know, usually i find if i'm friendly(without being pushy) then they are friendly too, thats how i started getting to know them. normally anything up to 7and a half tons you can drive on a car licence, anything above that you need a HGV or PSV licence depending on what the vehicle is.
19 December 2012, 20:01,
We have both gone through four motor homes and five caravans over the years, we are organised with `camper living`, providing that you live neat and tidy, having as much as possible in its place, living in a van/caravan is easy enough.

As an emergency survival tool a camper would make a good BOV, depending on where you wanted to go, too small to store much in the way of food and water though, so roving wouldnt be very possible,... but you could pick a lonely spot somewhere, and start to store food there in readiness and move out when needed
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 December 2012, 20:51,
(19 December 2012, 16:57)BeardyMan Wrote: On a side note, I found out that you can drive an actual lorry on a normal driving license (handy for those of us under 40 so requiring another test to be taken) - you need to change the V5 over to "motorhome / motorcaravan" then you're good to go!

(19 December 2012, 17:50)bigpaul Wrote: Normally anything up to 7and a half tons you can drive on a car licence, anything above that you need a HGV or PSV licence depending on what the vehicle is.

BP is right to a point. If you passed your test before 01/01/97 you can drive up to 7.5 tons. If you passed your test after that, you can drive up to 3.5 tons, any heavier you need to pass a test in the appropriate category.

I remember reading a book when I was young about a couple of kids who got a bus and put it in the woods. Bus would be good to convert.
19 December 2012, 20:56,
(19 December 2012, 17:20)Straight Shooter Wrote: i would love to have a go..... but i think wifey would leave......if i fitted a rayburn in there i wonder if that would swing it for me ???????

For me,...it had to be the telly,..I wonder what programs will air after the shtf
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 December 2012, 10:45,
(19 December 2012, 20:56)Highlander Wrote: For me,...it had to be the telly,..I wonder what programs will air after the shtf

S.F.A. TongueBig Grin