Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
22 December 2012, 11:36,
RE: 21
Yes I understand that mate, but both India and China have a history of both natural and man made disasters and even if they lost one quarter of their populations they would still be able to field massive armies to go out and take the resources they require.

It's just another scenario, there are many others.......
22 December 2012, 11:45,
(22 December 2012, 11:36)SealDriver Wrote: Yes I understand that mate, but both India and China have a history of both natural and man made disasters and even if they lost one quarter of their populations they would still be able to field massive armies to go out and take the resources they require.

It's just another scenario, there are many others.......

if they have a history of natural and man made disasters i think they may have enough on their plate! anyway, an invasion after TSHTF is not one of my scenario's, i think mostly it will be financial and societal collapse, followed by rioting, looting and killings-mostly in the big cities and larger towns, then a large "die off" as disease, hunger and starvation take control. this will take place all over the world as the financial institutions are all inter linked and money will eventually be worthless.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 December 2012, 12:10,
I agree with you, however nations with the power to do so are likely to attempt to take advantage of international crisis and rewrite borders on maps and secure for themselves oil and mineral resources. Thanks to the need of the west to have everything made cheaply in China, the Chinese have a great deal of technology available to them, as well as manual labour and resources. They also send their students to many of the best Western Science Universities. China has at least one foot in every civilised and uncivilised country in the world.

You asked for opinions as to what 'the end' could look like and that is a scenario that I feel 'holds water'. What just may happen is a different story as no one can know for sure unless they have a time machine.

Believing in stupid prophecies seems to have got many thousands of people unnecessarily hot under the collar, so I judge from that , that any plausible 'real world' idea has some merit.
22 December 2012, 12:14, (This post was last modified: 22 December 2012, 12:20 by bigpaul.)
(22 December 2012, 12:10)SealDriver Wrote: I agree with you, however nations with the power to do so are likely to attempt to take advantage of international crisis and rewrite borders on maps and secure for themselves oil and mineral resources. Thanks to the need of the west to have everything made cheaply in China, the Chinese have a great deal of technology available to them, as well as manual labour and resources. They also send their students to many of the best Western Science Universities. China has at least one foot in every civilised and uncivilised country in the world.

You asked for opinions as to what 'the end' could look like and that is a scenario that I feel 'holds water'. What just may happen is a different story as no one can know for sure unless they have a time machine.

Believing in stupid prophecies seems to have got many thousands of people unnecessarily hot under the collar, so I judge from that , that any plausible 'real world' idea has some merit.
indeed Big Grin

although i agree with "Vernon Coleman" that if this situation ever arose i thing it will be the American military grabbing as much resourses (including OIL) as they can.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 December 2012, 13:59,
After TSHTF a rescue force can go in and set up food supplies and medical facilities. They then install martial law and stay until the situation is resolved. It may never be resolved enough so that they leave without significant outside pressure and there are few who would be in the position to put that pressure on. It then comes down to who 'rescued' who and who cares enough about the first to face the second.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 December 2012, 14:27,
(22 December 2012, 13:59)Skean Dhude Wrote: After TSHTF a rescue force can go in and set up food supplies and medical facilities. They then install martial law and stay until the situation is resolved. It may never be resolved enough so that they leave without significant outside pressure and there are few who would be in the position to put that pressure on. It then comes down to who 'rescued' who and who cares enough about the first to face the second.

DUH! that one was a bit envolved SD! i think you lost me there!Big GrinBig Grin
22 December 2012, 14:53,
Salami slices. A tactic the government knows well.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin