Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
most likely shtf scenarios
26 December 2012, 15:24,
most likely shtf scenarios
http://offgridsurvival.com/mostlikelyshtfscenarios/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 December 2012, 19:19,
RE: most likely shtf scenarios
Also, things that are molehills can turn into mountains because of the sheeple and the way they react.
26 December 2012, 19:43,
oh yes, the "i've got to have it-its my right" brigade!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 December 2012, 20:33,
Makes perfect sense but preparing for a worse situation means you are already covered for most of the rest. The biggest issue I face atm and am not really prepeared for is losing my job.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 December 2012, 20:22,
totally agree with SD and thats going to be my direction with prepping. On the job side of things, ive never been too worried about losing mine even though im only a security guard. Ive got savings and if I lose my job tomorrow im confident I could get another within a week. It all comes down to what your WILLING to do for a living, I wont feel less proud if I end up stinkin of grease behind the counter at maccy Ds coz I know im supporting my family. Problem with todays society is they think there above fast food ,cleaning,security jobs so theyd rather claim dole and moan that they crnt find work just because they have a degree or was a senior member in their last job.
29 December 2012, 11:51,
I take any job im offered, 3months is the longest ive been out of work, why anyone would choose to be on the dole baffles me. You dont get enough to cover your rent and bills, but then again im not burgling house and peddlin drugs to top up my giro.
29 December 2012, 14:26,
It depends where you are. Many places won't offer managers positions too far below their last positions. When I was out of work I couldn't get people to employ me in any position. They said everytime 'We want people who will stay with us' long term. We all know, that if, when the economy takes off you will be back looking at a role similar to what you had. So there is a line when you have been a high flyer.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 December 2012, 14:37,
some employers have been known to say"why do you want this job, you are over qualified for it and the salary is less than in your previous job?"
29 December 2012, 19:36,
(29 December 2012, 14:37)bigpaul Wrote: some employers have been known to say"why do you want this job, you are over qualified for it and the salary is less than in your previous job?"

one of the many reasons why ive only had jobs where im coverd for living with a little left over. Ive never aimed high because im not materialistic. Has always P***ed my wife off because im quite intelligent but never put it to use in work. Glad I started prepping as it seems to have given me a meaningful purpose in life.
29 December 2012, 19:54,
Disaster has struck in my town cash points arnt working so its quite amuzing seeing peple dashing around in their cars trying to find one that works.