Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
9 typical prepping mistakes
28 December 2012, 16:22,
9 typical prepping mistakes
http://www.backdoorsurvival.com/9-mistak...y-preppers
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 December 2012, 17:21,
RE: 9 typical prepping mistakes
great post BP and yes done em all.....but getting better day by day.. thanks BP
28 December 2012, 18:40,
great find BP .... something to look at a few times over the coming months to make sure I don't make some of the mistakes as I go along.
28 December 2012, 20:51,
Good article easy to have all the gear and no idea lol
6 April 2013, 07:09,
Thank You I am going to focus now I have some items in developing some more skills like knitting which I am slowly learning and look to sort a first aid course.
6 April 2013, 07:30,
Some really good points on this one BP. Thanks!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
6 April 2013, 08:00,
i agree with a lot of them, except the stockpiling food ones.

Oh, and bugging in. not really an option for me!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
6 April 2013, 09:15,
(6 April 2013, 08:00)Binnie Wrote: i agree with a lot of them, except the stockpiling food ones.

Oh, and bugging in. not really an option for me!

i'm confused, your NOT stockpiling food??Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2013, 09:28, (This post was last modified: 6 April 2013, 09:35 by Binnie.)
i beleive its an american thing thats run riot lol,

I've got food items, but no, i'm not dedicating thousands of pounds to something i cant carry with me.

there is plenty to eat on my doorstep!

just to clarify, i'm not a "doomsday prepper", i'm preparing for events outside my control.

looters get wind of your stash, its gone. looters get wind of your stash, your a target.

just becasue someone reckons that stockpiling stuff is a good idea, doesn't make it the only viable plan, Smile

TEOTWAWKI would leave a lot of people in my area migrating south i believe, i'm probably just far enough from an arterial route to encounter a lot of enquisitive refugees, as opposed to sheeple who will just walk themselves to death.

I'm heading west over open country, hills and woodland in this case, under the cover of darkness if possible... NOT bugging in.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
6 April 2013, 09:55,
(6 April 2013, 09:28)Binnie Wrote: i beleive its an american thing thats run riot lol,

I've got food items, but no, i'm not dedicating thousands of pounds to something i cant carry with me.

there is plenty to eat on my doorstep!

just to clarify, i'm not a "doomsday prepper", i'm preparing for events outside my control.

looters get wind of your stash, its gone. looters get wind of your stash, your a target.

just becasue someone reckons that stockpiling stuff is a good idea, doesn't make it the only viable plan, Smile

TEOTWAWKI would leave a lot of people in my area migrating south i believe, i'm probably just far enough from an arterial route to encounter a lot of enquisitive refugees, as opposed to sheeple who will just walk themselves to death.

I'm heading west over open country, hills and woodland in this case, under the cover of darkness if possible... NOT bugging in.
i'm not dedicating thousands of pounds either, just increasing it slowly a few extra tins every time we go shopping, easier and cheaper that way. if your expecting to bug out your probably better to carry dehydrated meals, much lighter-no water and no tins. i'm only bugging out as a last resort-like most people- if things go mental.